Welcome

Welcome to SAFARI Book Club! :)

Overview
Unlike most book clubs, SAFARI is entirely dedicated to giving members personal autonomy when choosing their assignments. SAFARI works on a non-committal point-based system where members choose the books they want to review in exchange for points.

System
In SAFARI, members set the pace themselves. In order to have a book featured as eligible for review, members must accumulate a total of 10 points by reviewing the work of other users. After reaching this threshold the book the user submitted in their sign-up form will appear on the next term's (chapter's) roster, categorised by genre. Each term lasts one or two weeks.

At the end of the term, if a book reaches a minimum of five critiques it will be taken down for the next term unless the member has accumulated enough points for it to remain up. If a book does not meet this minimum threshold, it will remain up for the next term regardless for a maximum of six terms until it reaches this threshold. The points earned from reviewing it will also subtly increase. This is to ensure that all books receive a fair chance at review.

If a member consecutively reviews a minimum of 10 points every term they will become eligible for chain rewards. One of said rewards entails being spotlighted, or being placed at the top of the chapter roster alongside the cover. A subtle increase in points will also be given to members who review a spotlighted story.

Why?
I'm sure you're all aware of the standardised book club format—you'll be assigned to either a partner or a group and will have to complete a certain number of chapters before the week ticks up. This leaves a multitude of problems—you have a deadline, you only receive feedback on (usually) the first three chapters, and some members in your group never complete their assignments.
This format eliminates those problems.
Instead, books are picked by the member depending on what they want to read, so pitches are top priority here. If you read a book on here that you like, we encourage you to stick with them! This allows for that usual three chapter limit to be surpassed and therefore a user can gain feedback on later chapters. There also isn't any chance of a user abandoning halfway through review—there isn't a minimum amount of chapters that need to be reviewed each week. If the user wishes to take a break, they most certainly can. There are no penalties.

The Point System
Currently, as we're in beta test, there will only be one redeemable reward.
Eligibility: 10 points

Critiques will be graded at the end of term by @SafariBC on a 1–5 scale. Due to this, the quality of the critiques you give is entirely up to you, but one point is given if the critique is brief and non-informative whilst five are given for a comprehensive review that incorporates different aspects of a narrative. This is to ensure that people who go the extra mile are rewarded fairly.

At the end of term, there will be a three day intermission where @SafariBC will tally the points. Members will then be given their point total and be redeem. All redeems can either be commented on the appropriate chapter or PMed to @SafariBC.

Please do note that everything listed here is currently in beta test, therefore it's highly liable to change.

Feel free to ask any additional questions here.