Chapter 4: Revenge

Another day comes and now Im going to reveal to everyone all my plans for this company.

I arrived at Reyes Company exactly 8:00 am. I directly head to my office and began to work. I called my secretary .

"Good Morning Ms. Z"

"Good Morning!"

"Please submit this to the HR department. There will be changes in the management, the department and the personnel staff. We will be restructing the company and I wanted this to be implemented with immediate effect."

"But--"

"Did you hear me? I want this to be done immediately." then I continue typing on my laptop while ignoring her.

"Okay Ms. Z"

"Zia what is the meaning of this?" Vince suddenly entered my office which didn't surprise me.

"What?" I reply with a calm voice while my eyes are still on the laptop screen.

"Dont act like you dont know because I know what you did."

"So?" I raised my eyebrow with a blank face while looking at him.

"Why the sudden changes?"

"Because this is my company." I answered straight away.

"I can do whatever I want here!"

"I cant believe this Zia!" as he turned back and leave my office.

I texted my lawyer to come to the Reyes Corporate Company immediately.

*tok tok*

"Hello Ms. Z"

"Hello Atty. Kim"

"Why did you call me here?"

"Well, I want to discuss the changes in this company."

"Ok what is it?"

"Well I just plan to change everything in this company including the management, rules and personnel. I want you to handle this. I will be the one to choose the people that I can trust in this company."

"Okay"

"You may now go."

There will be several employees who will be terminated. There will branches that we have to close. The company is losing and we need to cut cost to save this corporation.

Suddenly, My bestfriend, I mean my ex-bestfriend entered my office without even knocking the door.

"Zia what is your problem? What is the meaning of all this? Are you intentionally doing this to get back on me? My goodness Zia. Its been 7 years already!"

" Oops wait a minute," as I raised my hands.
"Please dont take this personally. I need to do my job."

" Zia, you are terminating most of my staff in my team. They are my family."

"Jane! You should learn to separate your personal emotions from business matters."

"Now Im so busy and I have many things to do in here so you can leave now."

Then I continue typing in my laptop and I heard footsteps going to the door.

"Please dont forget to close the door." I added.

She's pregnant. I can see the big baby bump on her tummy. Im wondering why all this years they didn't have a child. She looked pale and sick. I guess some pregnant women are like that.

---

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated!