Chapter 6: Revelation

Two weeks had passed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to nominate Mr. Vince Reyes as the Vice- Chairman of the board. Mr. Reyes started this company 10 years ago so he knew everything. Even if I am the President and Chairman of the board, since I  am new I will need the assistance and guidance of Mr. Reyes. There is no other person who is best in this position."

"We all agree." The board unanimously voted for Vince Reyes.

"We need to restructure the entire organization. We need to close some branches that are not generating
profits and we have to terminate redundant employees or positions which are not necessary and most of all we need to sell some assets of the company to pay the bank loan."

I left the board room and headed to my office.

I was reviewing some contracts when I suddenly hear a noise outside.

"Zia, Zia...." Someone is shouting my name.

"When will you stop? You make Vince your Vice- President . You know how difficult it is for him since he founded this company and for 10 years he is the President and Chairman of the board."

"Well Jane, the reality is, I am now the biggest shareholder so I can be the President of the company."

"Then do you have to terminate most of my relatives working in the company!!!"
Jane begin to shout at me.

"Jane!" I said in a firm voice. "This is a company and I dont want any family members or relatives working because of your recommendation. I wanted a fair  recruitment and those who are qualified should be working in this company."

Then I heard a sob. Jane looked at me with teary eyes. "Do you have to seize the house"

"Jane, the company has huge debt. There are several big mansions, town houses, apartments and even luxury cars that under the company's name that I need to sell to pay the bank loans."

"If it is not enough, I might sell the company to another investor, I dont want to say this but it is my last resolution if nothing will work out."

"Oh my God Zia! Please dont do this." Jane finally cried. "Vince worked so hard for the past 4 years to save the company. We are having a big problem aside from financial situation of the company."

"Jane, Im a business woman. I buy companies which can make profits and sell it if it is losing. I cant lose millions of dollars because you and Vince were my friends."

"Zia, Im sorry. Im very sorry for what happend 7 years ago. Vince was looking for you but you already left." tears were flowing from Jane's eyes.

"We wanted to talk to you after you caught us but it seems we are too late. You dont know how much sorry we are for what we have done to you. You dont deserve that. But what can we do Zia. We cant turn back the time no matter how sorry we are."

"Really, after 7 years you have realized and decided to say sorry to me."

"Blame it to me Zia." I heard footsteps and Vince's voice.

"I felt so embarassed to you. I was so confused. I was coward. I dont know how to face you and our families. I dont know what to say either to you. I have done something very terrible to you and you dont deserve it."

"Trust me Zia, I searched for you, I tried to reach you but then I find out you started a new life. You have a very promising career. You are very succesful. I thought you are already happy so why should I bother you."

I kept looking back and forth to Vince and Jane. What is going on? Jane is crying so hard. Vince is very sorry and apologetic.

This is not happening.

I crossed my arms. "I have no time to listen to all your stories. I need both of you to get out of my office!  Right now!!!" I shouted to both of them.

Jane suddenly fell down and faint.

What is happening? I felt so scared. I tremble. I screamed...

"Jane! Jane! Vince you call the ambulance! Oh My God!!!"

-Everything seems blank-

---
Votes and comments are highly appreciated