Chapter 17: Heartbroken and the Truth

I woke, feeling totally conflicted. I'm not sure if Raph and I will kiss today, even though he said he would. I got up and changed into the same outfit I wore when Raph found me: my red shells, the blue skirt, and my holster with my sais. This was just in case I turned back into a mermaid before the kiss happened.

I went into the kitchen to notice no one was there. I shrugged and got a piece of cold pizza from the fridge. As I ate it, I noticed Leo, Donnie, and Mikey looking for someone rather frantically.

"Where is he?!" Leo asked.

"I don't know, dude! He's not with Casey, out on patrol, or in his room! I don't know what to do!" Mikey exclaimed.

I waved my hand, catching Donnie's attention. I shrugged my shoulders to ask what was going on.

"Raph's gone," he explained.

My eyes grew with fear. Where could he have gone? Then the girls and Casey came in.

"We found him," Karai breathed.

"Where is he?" Leo asked.

"He said he found the girl who saved him and he wants to marry her on the spot," Renet answered.

As soon as he said that, I felt my heart shatter. I sat on one of the chairs and laid my head down on the counter, silently sobbing. The others noticed and went to comfort me.

"I'm sorry, Jamie. We knew how much you liked him," April said.

I looked up and asked for a phone with a speaking app.

"Yeah. Sure," Casey answered and gave me his phone.

I opened the app, typed what I wanted to say, then hit the "Play" button, expecting the worst from them.

"I'm the one who saved Raph. I used to be a mermaid who was always fascinated with the human and mutant world. I fell in love with Raphael from the day I saved him and on. I wanted to become human, so I made a deal with Ursula, the sea witch, and Shredder to become human for three days and get Raph to kiss me. If he did, I'd stay human forever. If not, I'd be their prisoner forever. So I agreed and traded my voice for a pair of legs. I just wanted to be with Raph, but I now see I fell into a trap and I think I've lost the one I love forever," it said.

They all just looked at me, shocked to know what was really happening. That's when Splinter came in and I knew that he heard what I put in that phone.

"My child, I knew that you had done something that involved Shredder, but I knew how innocent you were and how much you cared for my son. There is no doubt that Raphael is not with the right woman. We must find him and get Ms. Jamie to him," he said.

We all nodded and went to find Raph. Karai, Renet, April, and Casey searched through the sewers while Splinter, Leo, Donnie, Mikey, and I checked up top. They gave me a whistle for if I found anything and binoculars.

I saw this huge cruise ship and I heard the wedding march. This all happened when the sun was close to setting. I looked through the binoculars to see Raph in a daze and his eyes were not his natural electric green; they were a glowing yellow. I also saw Shredder and his mutants watching this take place. And Raph was walking with a girl in a wedding dress walking toward him. I noticed a shell necklace that was similar to the one that Ursula wore when I came to see her. That's when realization hit me: first, not only did Shredder and the mutants who worked for him weren't the only ones who were trying to keep me from Raph; Ursula was too. And she transferred my voice from her magic shell to her necklace, had Raph under her control, and was about to marry him.

I blew my whistle as loud as I could and kept it going to lead them to the docks. As I made it, I saw Shelly and Sebastian while the others came out of nowhere.

"Jamie, what did you find?" Leo asked me.

I pointed to the ship and the others gasped. I jumped in the water and the others joined in. It's time to kick some major butt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N It's on now! No one is taking Raphael from me!