Too Much Too Soon

"Ok everyone give her space. Kyla? Can you hear me?" My dad's voice echoed loudly as I tried to blink myself back to planet earth.

"Dad. Stop. Yelling." I groaned finding myself on the ground turning sideways.

"Oh sweetie..." Suzanne's voice cooed. I growled standing up. my eyes already changing. My dad tried to ease me up but I didn't let him.

"Sweetie? 'Sweetie?!' You of all people have no right to give me a pet name. Especially on my birthday. If you even cared half as much as you're trying to care right now, then you wouldn't have left. Why did you leave anyway huh? Were we not enough?"

Suzanne sighed looking like she wanted to speak but I was nowhere near done with what I needed to say.

"Do you know what's it's like wondering why your own mother didn't want you?? What it's like staring at a door wondering if she'd ever walk through it? Watch every woman that somewhat looked like you hoping she might be your mother? Have every girl in your class ask you where your mom is then never knowing how to tell them she left without a reason? Did you even bother to look for us? San Antonio doesn't count just so you know."

Suzanne bit her lip glancing at me then at dad. She sucked in a breath with watery eyes. "I'm so sorry Kyla. I know it can't fix this but I want to try to make things better now. We can be a family again. You, me and your dad. Please give me a chance."

I scoffed at her comment rolling my eyes in the process. "A family... I already have one. And you're not in it. Just because you're my mother, it doesn't make you my mom."

I pushed past Suzanne and Aurora walking away hearing my dad call my name. I just ignored him. I just felt the disbelief run through my veins. How dare she call the three of us a family? She was never there.

I was laying on my bed facing the wall. Not wanting to think about anything. Not wanting to talk to anyone it felt like last year with Damien all over again. Only this time the betrayal is worse. It's almost like a ghost came into our base. Only the ghost was my mother.

'I see you're in pain. Could it be because your mother is here?' The rider's voice echoed in my mind.

"For crying out loud I'm not in the mood for this. Don't you have anything better to do?" I hissed aloud.

'I live inside you remember? I can't do much but make polite conversations. Or 'torment' you as you call it.'

I rolled my eyes at her comment.

'Oh don't roll your eyes. You know I have to entertain myself somehow.'

"And yet you're supposed to be older than me by God knows how long." I sassed. The rider didn't respond but I heard a faint knock on the door.

"What?" I hissed hearing the door carefully open. I rolled my eyes at whoever was walking. "Whatever it is, I don't wanna hear it."

"Not even from an old friend?" A familiar voice called at the doorway. I sat up seeing none other than Daisy standing there with her arms folded and a smirk wide as can be.

I quickly ran up giving her a hug which she returned surprisingly.

"Long time no see Johnson." I said pulling away.

"It's only be a year Blaze. Happy birthday by the way." She said patting my back.

"Thanks Daisy but I don't think it's all that happy."

She rose a brow with her arms folded in front of herself. "Care to explain?"

I sighed and began to explain the situation between my dad, my biological mother and me. I couldn't help but rant with the more details I gave about the whole situation. It almost felt like being shot a hundred times with every painful aspect of my childhood.