A Mother's Love

A month had gone by since my first encounter with Suzanne yet there is still a type of tension in the building. Even more, my rider seemed more talkative than usual. I couldn't understand why in all honesty but I don't consider her sarcasm a priority.

I walked out of my room bumping into Suzanne in the hallway. She looked at me unsure of what to say she only sighed knowing I was never in the mood for her attempts at affection. As I started to walk away like most days, I felt her grab my arm making me face her.

"I know you don't like me and I don't blame you but would it kill you to just talk to me? I owe you an explanation. I know that and you deserve one. Please, give me that chance." She said making me look down. I let out a sigh.

"Fine. If you really want to explain then explain at the table one on one." I huffed pulling away as I walked to the kitchen. I could hear her footsteps behind me. I couldn't even call them steps though, they sounded more like a small bird grazing the floor. Once we made it to the kitchen, Suzanne glanced at me while I just went to the fridge to get some food.

"Is it always like this?" She asked taking a seat.

"Like what?" I replied not looking at her.

"Quiet. Lonely. I mean it's practically a ghost town in here." She said in an observant tone.

"Everyone's asleep." I said rolling my eyes closing the fridge to look at her.  "Besides, our agreement was you would explain why you left. Not investigate my personal life."

She nodded motioning for me to sit which I quickly refused she gave a sad yet understanding look as I folded my arms in front of myself.

"Kyla I can imagine you have a lot of questions I don't have all the answers but I hope you can take what I can give." She said while I rolled my eyes.

"Just get on with it." I said flatly.

"I met your father after he moved to San Antonio I being as young as I was, found him attractive from the start. He was brave, daring, kind, never afraid to live or die. I would spend time with him outside of the restaurant I used to work at. A Mexican place on the riverwalk called Casa Rio. We eventually dated and got married. Then came the day we discovered we were pregnant with you. Your dad was so excited he would watch me like a hawk making sure he'd say soothing things to the both of us. Then one day about halfway through my pregnancy, he told me what he was. It wasn't until I had you, that a man came by. He told your dad what you would become. We prayed and hoped nothing would happen but I couldn't stand the idea of you turning into..." Her voice trailed while she looked down.

"A freak? A demon? A monster? What?" I asked hurt by her reasoning

"A murderer. Kyla, I left because I was afraid of seeing you and what you were meant to be. I couldn't handle it. So one day when your dad came home, he saw my bags were packed. Then when he asked me what was going on I told him I was leaving and couldn't handle the curse." She sighed, "He begged for me to stay. He said you'd need a mom. Obviously I didn't listen. I hope you can forgive me."

I stood there in total disbelief. " So you think being afraid is a good reason to leave?"

She shook her head no standing up. "I thought finding a cure was a good reason to leave. Listen, I think I found a place where they can get rid if the curse from the family line. I know you didn't ask for this and these people just might -"

"Might what? Cure me? News flash this isn't a disease. I was born with it because of someone else's mistake. Yeah I hate it. Believe me I wish I wasn't this. Do you hear me complain? No. That's saying a lot considering the son of Satan tried to kill me last year. I was in limbo for maybe an hour but guess what I chose to keep the curse. You know why? Because I have people here who care about me."

Suzanne sighed glancing at me. "I guess you don't want to get rid of it then?"

I shook my head when Robbie walked in. He glanced between us clearing his throat a little.

"Mornin'." He said giving me a small peck on the cheek. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked as he pulled away.

"No Robbie. Kyla and I were just talking." Suzanne said looking at him.

Robbie nodded slightly glancing at me.

I nodded back earning a knowing look from him.

"What's up losers?" Aurora said walking in as she opened the fridge grabbing a beer. I rolled my eyes snatching the beer from her hand while she scoffed at me.

"Save it. It's 8:00 in the morning." I said as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh c'mon Kyla can't my girl have one?" Remy asked as he snaked his arms around Aurora pecking her cheek.

"OK. First off, she's underage. Second, you don't tell me what to do. And third, be thankful we didn't hand you over to the cops for being with a minor. So butt out." I said rolling my eyes. Remy shrugged while he peppered her neck in kisses.

"Kyla please calm down." Suzanne said placing a hand on my shoulder. 'Your little friend's boyfriend has quite the troubled past. I could put him out of his misery.' The rider said suddenly.

I nodded at Suzanne the shot a glare at Remy. "Just to be clear you're only here because Aurora trusts you. I on the other hand don't."

He shrugged keeping his arms around her. "So? I'm not scared of you."

"Considering I damn near killed you, you should be." I huffed. He rolled his eyes while Robbie shot him a glare.

"What holmes?" Remy asked glaring right back.

"I don't give a rat's ass that you're Aurora's boyfriend. You disrespect us again I let the rider deal with you got it?"

I could see Robbie's eyes going red while Suzanne eyed him curiously.

"Robbie." I said getting his attention. He nodded mouthing. 'Sorry.' to me.

"Training in an hour. Don't be late and someone wake up Ash." I said walking off.

After ten minutes, I had already began to box any frustration out of me. I could see the punching bag almost falling over after the amount of people who beat it half to death.

I took a quick breather holding the bag down while resting my head against it. Almost on cue, a familiar whistle came through the room. I didn't bother to look up. "I know it's you Robbie." I called hearing his footsteps.

"Can't sneak up on you anymore huh?" He asked while I stood up still not looking at him. "You know our bag's on its last leg maybe let it breathe so the rest of us can use it?" He said pointing out a painfully obvious situation. "C'mon what's up?"

"Why can't I train without being interrogated?" I asked rolling my eyes at him.

"Because you only really use the bag like this when you're upset or thinking too hard."

"Fine you got me. Suzanne's talk with me, she said she knew people or some group that can get rid of the rider."

I finally turned to face him but he had his classic stone face. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing just, don't let this eat you up too much OK? You've still got time to think about it. Whatever you decide it's cool with me. I'm gonna be here. Rider or no rider." He said suddenly pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back biting my lip in thought. What if I could get rid of the rider for good?

Author's note: Hey guys I'm back! The semester is winding down so hopefully I'll be able to update more. Anyway, chapter 3 is now officially up. Hopefully this clears somethings up. Please comment, and vote. Ttfn Ta ta for now.
-Naomi