A Doctor, His Son, an Archer and a Mercenary?

Robbie's P.O.V.

Ever since Suzanne started staying with us, I could see the effects it had on Kyla. She was more tense then normal. Training so much the punching bag finally broke off the hook. Which didn't sit well with Coulson. Not to mention Kyla started distancing himself from everyone. Including me. Even her dad tried talking to her but no one can get through to her. Even though Johnny's been staying here for the last week, she doesn't tell him much.

Doesn't help that Remy's here. He's been messing with her asking for an explanation for everything we say or do as a team. To make things more frustrating, every time I try to step in, Kyla just tells me to leave it alone.

I was working on my car when I heard some footsteps coming in.

"Whatever it is talk to Kyla." I called from under the car. I heard a sigh.

"Robbie." The voice called. I rolled out from under my car seeing Suzanne standing there.

"Mrs. Blaze." I said sitting up.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you working on your car but I was hoping to talk to you. If that's alright of course."

I gave her a small nod while she nodded back.

"I'm sure Kyla's told you about the cure. I just thought maybe you could help me convince her it's a good thing. She deserves a normal life. Being a rider yourself surely you'd understand where I'm coming from with this." She looked at me I guess waiting for me to say something but I really wanted to think about what she said.

I took a deep breath before giving her my answer.

"Mrs. Blaze, I do understand but even if I did try to convince her we both know two things. One, she's stubborn and two she has to decide. Not me. Not you. Not even her dad. It's gotta come from her."

Suzanne nodded. "Thank you Robbie. I can see you're good for her." She said giving me a small smile. I nodded back when Kyla walked in. She looked at Suzanne then at me not really saying much.

"I'll leave you two alone." Suzanne said before walking out.

"What was that about?" Kyla asked raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged not telling her about the conversation I just had with her mother. "Anyway... it's gonna be dark soon Reyes you should get inside already." She said taking a step towards me.

"You know I gotta give my baby her tune up." I said with a small grin. She rolled her eyes playfully shoving me.

"I swear you love that car more than me." She said shaking her head.

"Nah, that car's my best friend but you're my lady." I wrapped my arms around her holding her close. From the beginning I'd been protective of her but I feel the need to protect her even more. Especially with her mom being here and constantly bugging her about that group she knows about. I kissed her forehead softly with a small smile.

"I'll be in soon fuego you go in OK?" I finally said.

She nodded walking back inside while I kept working on my car.

Kyla's P.O.V.

After a while Robbie had came back inside, we are dinner and went to bed not saying much to each other besides goodnight.

I was suddenly woken up by a loud bang making me sit up. I glanced around only to hold my head slightly.

'I sense another presence in the building.' The demon said. I rose a brow hearing faint whispers and footsteps in the hallway. I quickly hid behind the wall hearing the voices getting louder while the footsteps got closer.