Chapter Eight: Exploring Barcelona

Viola licked her lips as she glanced over at Lionel sleeping form as she collected her mobile phone from the bedside table.

The brunette was dressed in black/white bodycon dress in floral and spot print paired with black pointed high heels with suede detail and a black leather bow across body bag.

Lionel had asked her to cut all connection with Naya and Heather, since he didn't know or trust them; Viola had agreed before texting her new friends, with the plan of sneaking out to meet them that morning.

Brushing a hand through her hair, Viola looked at her fiancé and was pleased to see that he was sound asleep and completely unaware of what she had planned.

After a week of being stuck in the house alone with no one to turn to Viola was reluctant to let go of the first friends that she had made since she had arrived in the Catalonian city.

Slipping out of the bedroom, Viola was silent as she moved down the hallway and stairs and headed for the front door; all those dance classes that she had attended when she was younger paying off as she didn't make a sound as she snuck out of the house.

Naya and Heather were waiting for her outside of the front gate in their BMW X5; they smiled as they spotted the brunette, as she quickly moved away from the house to join them.

“You okay?” Heather asked concerned as she pulled Viola into a hug, the blonde had been upset when she had learnt that Viola’s fiancé didn't want her to see them again; Naya had been furious until the brunette had revealed her plan to them.

“I’m okay… so what’s the plan?” Viola asked as the three women headed for the car, the sooner they were away from the house the better; Viola slipped into the back of the car with Heather while Naya climbed into the driving seat.

“We figured since you are new to Barcelona… we’d take you exploring,” Naya said as she turned the car on before pulling away from the villa; Viola looked at her and smiled, she couldn't believe that Lionel had thought that they would be using her.

***

Lionel rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he awoke, he yawned as he stretched before he noticed that Viola wasn’t next to him like she usually was when he awoke.

Running a hand through his hair, he briefly thought about cutting it again before he headed downstairs to see if he could find Viola.

The argentine knew that she had been upset about cutting contact with her new friends and Matías had laid into him about leaving the brunette on her own for the past week.

Lionel figured it would be nice to spend some time getting to know one another before their wedding.

However it didn't take long for Lionel to realise that Viola wasn’t home, he cursed worried when he couldn't even find a note to explain where she was; hurrying upstairs to where Matías and Florencia were sleeping he burst into the guest bedroom.

“Viola’s missing,” Lionel said as his brother sat up and glared at him until he heard why he had been rudely woken that early in the morning; however he hadn’t been expecting to hear that Viola was missing.

“What do you mean Viola’s missing?” Florencia asked as she climbed out of bed, while her husband pinched the bridge of his nose annoyed.

“I woke up and she was gone… she’s not in the house and there isn’t even a note to say that she’s popped out or anything,” Lionel said as he thought about how his parents would kill him if Viola had done a runner before their wedding.

***

Viola grinned as Heather passed her a piece of her cookie, the three were currently sitting outside of a café after spending the morning sightseeing; she had turned off her mobile and was happy that she wasn’t being annoyed by its incessant ringing.

“So what do you think of Barcelona so far?” Naya asked as she sipped on her bottle of water, she was pleased that Heather had found a friend in Viola; the brunette was easy to get along with and didn't care that they were lesbians.

“It’s nice, it’s not New York… but it’s nice,” Viola said making Naya nod understandingly, no place was as good as home; but this was their home now and there was no going back for any of them.

Heather nibbled on her cookie as she watched two men hurry passed them.

“I wonder what they are looking for? They’ve walked passed us twice now,” the blonde mused making Viola and Naya look at her before they turned their attention to the two men in question.

Viola choked on her cookie as she quickly turned back to Naya and Heather, who looked at her concerned.

“Their friends of Lionel’s…” the brunette breathed as she realised that they were probably looking for her.

Quickly fishing her mobile out of her bag, Viola turned it back on to be confronted with 27 missed calls and 42 text messages; she bit her lip as she realised that she would be in big trouble when she returned home.

Naya carefully took the brunette’s phone and flipped through the messages, she whistled softly as she glanced at the two men who were talking to someone on the phone and it didn't look good. “

I have a feeling that this isn’t going to end well?” Naya said as she handed Viola, her mobile back; the ebony haired woman watched as she realised that the two men were watching them, or more importantly Viola.

The brunette bit her lip as she looked at Heather while Naya took a deep breath.

“Shall we head back to the car?” Viola asked calmly making the two women nod before they got to their feet and started to walk towards where Naya had parked the car earlier.

The three were completely aware that they were being followed by the two men, who seemed eager to make sure that Viola didn't disappear into thin air.

***

“You can hide out at ours,” Naya said as they drove passed the villa where Viola lived with Lionel; the brunette nodded gratefully as she winced at the sight of several cars parked outside the house.

Heather licked her lips as she looked at her new friend.

“They have a search party for you,” the blonde said making Viola nod as she tried to figure out what the hell she was going to do.

Naya licked her lips as she glanced in the rear view mirror, they had managed to lose the two men quickly after they had gotten into the car however, she knew that it wouldn’t be long before trouble would come knocking.

“Okay, so what are we going to do?” Heather asked making Naya look at Viola, who was biting her lip nervously; she hadn’t expected them to get so worried about her going out like this.

“We go to your house… order pizza… then I call Lionel and tell him my mobile went flat and that I’m safe,” Viola said as she tried to come up with a plan that would backfire completely on her.