V

"MIO!" Her mother called. "ITACHI IS HERE!"

"I'm coming!" she called back, making sure her dress fitted her. She gulped in slight fear.

It's just a date.

 Only it wasn't, it was their first official date and simply put; she was freaking out. But nonetheless, she hurried down stairs, greeting Itachi with a smile.

He tried to smiled back, but it came out like a grimace of some sort. Taken aback slightly, Mio walked out of the door, making him follow.

Itachi sighed, feeling in pain. She did nothing wrong.

***

Three hours later, the two went to the park, after watching a movie and throwing popcorn at each other as well as getting kicked out of the cinema.

"Itachi- kun, look!" Mio called, opening her hands, and the yellow butterfly flew away at the chance. Mio frowned, and Itachi stared at her for a second. "He was pretty." He commented. Mio smiled, "I know! That's why I wanted to show you!" Itachi smiled at her, patting her pink hair. "Thank you." His smile seemed fake to Mio, but that was okay. They are okay...

Right?

They somehow found themselves sitting on the grass, watching the sunset.

Every time Itachi looked at her, his stomach sunk deeper and deeper and a thought crept onto his mind, not willing to leave; disobey.

"It has to happen tonight," Danzo spoke harshly. "Later than that, and we will pay the cost. The village will pay the cost."

"Is it really necessary to kill Mio?" he asked, making sure no sign of emotion showed.

"Yes. She ties you to the village more than your blood," Danzo said, and Itachi knew he was right, "in order to get rid of your emotions she has to die."

"Yes sir," he replied grimly.

Mio rested her head on Itachi's shoulder, making him forget all previous thoughts.

Before he could even think, his arm found its way to her waist. Like they were two pieces of a puzzle, finding their way to one another.

"I could get used to it," Itachi muttered into her hair.