VI- Goodbye.

"I could get used to it," Itachi muttered into her hair.

"Don't," a cold voice stated, making chills run through their bodies.

"Danzo?" Itachi asked, surprised by the man's appearance. He jumped to his feet, shoving Mio behind him protectively. "What are you doing here?"

"Making sure you will not disobey," he stated.

"I will kill them all, but don't hurt her," he pleaded, hands clasping Mio's tight.

"I am really sorry," he said, slightly cynical. Itachi didn't even realize what happened when he twirled around, catching Mio in his arms. His eyes went wider than he ever though was possible. Mio would make a joke out of it, if it wasn't for the pain of breathing.

"Please don't do it," Itachi pleaded, putting his hands to er wound. "Please don't die on me, please..." He felt pure panic surge through his body.

It was his fault. His fault. His fault. His fault.

He couldn't keep his tears away. "Mio, please, don't do it. I love you, live on. For me, please. Please," he kept repeating the word please over and over again, as the pain in Mio's chest subsided.

She was almost certain it couldn't be a good sign, but she was going to comfort Itachi in the fact she is no longer feeling this horrible pain. But her mouth wouldn't open.

It felt like everything inside of her froze, and just like that she slipped away in between his fingers, for what felt like the millionth time.

But none of them was that eternal. None was that painful.

It's my fault, Itachi realized. Her death is my fault.

And the thought of her hunted him more than the faces of his clan as he slaughtered them, more than the pure hatred on his brother's face.

Even when he apologized for it being the last time, as his fingers touched Sasuke's forehead, his mind found peace at Mio.

What if she still loves him as much as he loves her?