Chapter 18: Niall

A day after I dropped Roxanne off at her apartment, I had to take care of some business with Hector. He made me collect money from one of his clients again. When I finished collecting, I drove back to the warehouse. Hector was outside his office. From inside, I heard Dominic talking over the phone. I handed Hector his money. He began counting as I started to look around for Billy.

"Where's Billy?" I asked Hector.

"That's what Dominic is trying to find out. Dominic is getting restless about not finding out where Billy is."

Dominic exited the office, slamming the door. He looked at Hector. "We need to go."

"Where to?"

"The police," Dominic answered. "My damn son is in jail. I need to bail him out. Oh, and I have something Niall needs to do."

I straightened, "What do you need?"

Dominic came over to me. "The one who got Billy arrested needs to be taught a lesson. Once we bail out my son, I need you to go with him and teach that prick a lesson. Got it?"

I nodded, "Consider it done."

I followed them to the police station I waited in my car until Billy came out. Dominic pulled Billy aside and started to have a very serious talk with him. Billy listened and said a few things that made Dominic seem to get angry at him. Dominic looked around and looked over at Billy. He said something that made Billy nod his head and he walked to my car. Billy had a few scratch marks on his hands, two small ones on his face, and an ugly black eye.

"So, I take it you found your girlfriend?"

"I guess you can say that," Billy sighed.

Billy directed me where to go. We talked for a little bit about his visit and if he was planning on going to college. So far, Billy had no plans in the future and was planning on taking over the business after his father died. It was an answer I expected from him, so I wasn't surprised from it.

"We're here," Billy said, removing his seat belt.

I studied the place, frowning. "Are you sure this is the place?"

Billy nodded, "Yeah, this is the right place. I was here last night."

I was right in front of Roxanne's apartment. I was worried that she might see me here. "I'll wait in the car and tell me if they're there and I will handle it from there."

Billy walked towards the apartment. I watched his every movement. My eyes widened when I saw that he walked towards Roxanne's apartment door and stopped there. He peered through the windows. He grabbed a rock and threw it at the window to fit his hand in. After that, he unlocked the front door and stepped inside.

Quickly, I walked over towards Roxanne's apartment. I stepped inside, inspecting. Billy walked around the apartment. He stared at the photos of Harry and Mercedes and knocked them over.

"What's up?" I asked him calmly. I needed to know what was going on.

"My girlfriend lives here. I went to go visit her, we got in a fight, and one of her roommates jumped me. That one with the curly hair in that photo is the one who jumped me."

I already knew who he was. Harry jumped Billy, but who is Billy's girlfriend? "Who's the girlfriend?"

He walked over to the bedrooms and came back within minutes. "No one is home. All their stuff is missing." He walked over to the refrigerator. "To answer your question, her name is Michelle."

I raised an eyebrow at the name. "Michelle?" As far as I know, there was no one who was named Michelle that lived here. I picked up the picture of Harry and Mercedes. "Do you mean Mercedes? Is this her?"