Chapter 3

Peak POV

In the middle of my VR training, I heard an alarm. I took the VR off, puzzled.

"That's that Top Wing Alarm," Penny said, "we're going on a mission!"

We lined up- Swift, Penny, Rod, me, then Brody.

"Ok Cadets," Speedy started. "Firstly, I'm going to congratulate Peak on her first ever mission."

I gasped excitedly as everyone clapped. "You'll do great, Peak," the penguin said, smiling. I smiled back. "What's my mission?" 

Speedy smiled. "Glad you asked. Timmy was taking a hike up a cliff when it started shaking. Now, he's stuck, and in need of help. Peak, you and Rod can use your tools for the job."

I high fived the rooster while Brody shot Rod a look. I wonder what's up? But right now I have to focus on Timmy.

~

We got to the sight without a hitch. Every time I spoke up, Rod's cheeks took on a light pink color. Does he like me? If so, I'd be thrilled, because I just started to figure out that I liked him the other day.

Anyway, I used my grappling hook as a rope for Timmy to grab onto. He rode in Rod's passenger seat to the doctor to see if he sprained his ankle or not. As it turned out, Timmy was ok, but he wasn't supposed to put pressure on it. 

We got back to HQ and I was super excited that I got my level one terrain badge and my "hooked" badge. 

"Primo job, Peak," Brody commented. 

"Thanks," I replied. 

For the rest of that day, I played volleyball with the boys. Penny decided to stay back. I wondered why. 

When I knocked on Penny's wall, she tried to hide a card she made. I laughed.

"Spill the krill, penguin."

Penny sighed. "Okay.... I like Swift. There. I said it."

I smiled. "I like Rod... I guess we both have our crushes..."

Penny sighed again. "Ask him!"

"If it was that easy, you'd be dating Swift..."

Penny groaned. "Fine. But you have to ask Rod."

"Deal."

I flew off to the beach, confident.

~