chapter 02

' a storm wreaking havoc. '

━━━━━

If there was anything in this world, that shook fifteen year old, Akihisa Yuko, it was definitely not this particular happenstance. For one thing, the announcement of the furry principal that she was set to move down a grade due to her declining grades, was of all things, expected.

Yuko had been absent for more than three weeks now and the amount of homework she failed to pass was record-breaking. The number of times she was caught sleeping in class was outstanding, the numer of times she had flunked a quiz was on another level.

So as it stood, and as the principal kindly announced earlier, she was the epitome of what a student should not be.

Yuko couldn't help but be proud, but seeing the current situation unfold in front of her very eyes, she held the urge to burst into laughter. For now, the cool amusement dancing in the pools of her amethyst eyes were satisfactory.

And besides, it wasn't like the right to be amused belong to her; all those acts of truancy happened for a particularly acceptable reason.

Akihisa Yuko was poor.

She did not have money to buy all those materials for her projects and other whatnots, she had to work to be able to feed herself, and most of those jobs were conducted during evenings and when morning came, Yuko had needed sleep. Also, because of lack of sleep and time to study her lessons, she did not pass all of those quizzes.

So in the end, it all went back to one factor, her poverty.

The world was not equal, ever since she was a child she knew that horrible fact. Even in a superhuman society. Only the fools, or those truly strong would want to become heroes.

For a child, weak and void of a father to guide her, one would think Yuko would suck it up and relinquish brittle hopes of becoming a hero. But for better or for worse, Yuko was a hopeless dreamer, so she tried hard. She entered U.A., barely managing to pass the examination. Always scoring in the bottom half in examinations. May it be physical or mental.

Even her social life was nonexistent. She had friends in the third year, but for those in the same grade level as her? Yuko could only shake her head. She was too busy sleeping or attending detention to even talk to one of her classmates. Adding to those sparse interarctions was here inability to shut her mouth.

Middle school wasn't like this. Her schedule wasn't crowded and there were still times when she could, when she could rest.

If only her mother was still well enough to not be in that nursing home Yuko had deposited her in during the first week of her first year in high school.

Yuko shakes her head, let's a passing breeze blow some strands of her silver grey hair.

What happens now?

Simple, Yuko adapts and hopefully, having known what lessons she would encounter this time and the kinds of teacher she was to learn from, she manages to impress the principal into taking her back to the second year.

The only problem was there was a teacher she never learned from. All Might.

He wasn't her favorite hero, Yuko could admit that much. It was too mainstream and she hadn't prided herself by aspiring to be someone so unreachable. Don't get her wrong, she loves All Might!

She was a hopeless dreamer, but after months in U.A. and the various revelations involving the fact that she couldn't be anywhere near his level, she decided to admire more reachable heroes.