chapter 08

' the repercussions '

━━━━━

The gust that passes Yuko and Tokoyami, makes some of the strands of her hair flow like one of those cliché protagonists. When they've managed to regroup with Katsuki and Iida, they've managed to establish a plan.

Of course, there was no missing the subtle- more like less than his normal quota- curses Katsuki spat at every sentence so it was more or less hostile. Things like, "this is so fucking stupid" and "let's just hide this dumb bitch" were spat into the air and Yuko just shrugged it off in typical Yuko-esque fashion.

"It's Yaoyorozu, Kouda and Jirou," Tokoyami murmured as the two girls got closer, Kouda trailing after them. Katsuki, much to his aggravation was sent to protect Yuko while Iida and Tokoyami battled with the trio. A lance almost hit Tokoyami (sent by Yaoyorozu of course), but Yuko managed to throw it off course with her quirk. There was a murder of ravens rushing in to get them.

The retaliation began and Yuko fled, dragging a cursing Bakugo by the collar and she couldn't even sigh in relief, because the next moment she tried to stand up, the ground beneath them began freezing. Well, fuck.

"Half-half bastard!" Katsuki yelled, lunging at Todoroki whose heterochromatic eyes were alit with some sort of knowing. He was aware, she thought as he lunged at her, evading Bakugo. Aware that she was the godforsaken flag.

She barely managed to avoid it, jumping over a broken wall and heading inside a roofless room. The floor continued to freeze and the ice crawled to the walls, the ceiling and even the corners. She jumped through the windows, landing on her butt and crouching, walked behind a half destroyed wall for cover.

Instead of the sigh of relief, a welp escaped her lips as she jumped unto the nearest debris for cover. Katsuki followed soon after, blasting Todoroki with his explosions while Yuko rolled down the tall debris, barely evading the explosion herself.

"We're allies!" she screeched at Bakugo who was focused on Todoroki's movements. Damn, she was out of her league with this two and she can feel the recoil of her quirk coming. In one or two more uses, she would run out of oxygen.

"Then don't get in my fucking way!" he screeched as he sent another powerful wave of explosions at Todoroki's direction. The boy dodged it with ease, but it appeared as if that was exactly what Katsuki expected for the moment Todoroki landed on the ground, holding a bar of ice for balance, Katsuki managed to throw a punch at his direction.

He deflected it with a palm, freezing Bakugo's knuckles and his lower body. He immediately headed to Yuko's direction, freezing the ground she ran on and as he neared her, riding that wave of ice along the way, and Yuko had no choice but to use her quirk.

A powerful gust of air hit him directly at the face but his reaction time was far more superior so he managed to block it with his frozen hands.

Despite that, it provided ample diversion for Yuko to crawl underneath a pile of debris and run. She wouldn't beat Todoroki in terms of physical abilities, she was weak. She had to overpower him with numbers or manage to outsmart him.

From the looks of it, both options were highly improbable. Her amassed experience wasn't enough to beat Todoroki— he was powerful in terms of quirks, smarter in combat and without even managing to do much, Yuko was at her limit.

She just managed to duck a lance of ice hurled at her direction, but she lost balance and dove straight into a pile of sharp rocks. Her suit, made of a light material and connected to a minuscule oxygen tank at her back, managed to lessen the damage but it still hurt.