❀ help [2/?]

help

carnivalle

***

   After that valentine incident, Akashi and [surname] constantly exchange greetings when they passed each other—but only that, not less yet not more.

   They have life. They have different group of friends. Akashi with his basketball team, while [surname] with her boyfriend and best friend, Miyagi Rika¹. The only time they talked a lot was ​​​​valentine, and even though they were classmates, Akashi was rarely in class due to his student council duties.

   Thus, this was normal—went to the vending machine to buy drinks for her so-called-boyfriend, it was totally an ordinary errand for [surname]. And as per usual, knowing that they had just been together for a month, she didn't know his favorite, which make her decides to buy many for him to choose.

   Putting every type of canned and cartoned drinks possible from the vending machine into the paper bag she brings, [surname] smiled—thinking of how her boyfriend would be delighted with her action of showing affection.

   But unfortunately, being a cutie klutz she was, when she was finished and preparing herself to bring back the big bag to his class; by hugging the bag tightly near her chest, she stumbled behind a bit because of the weight, and tripped, which resulting she—

   "HUWAAA!"

   Fa-thud!

   —fells down on her rear, bag fallen into the floor with a loud sound, while the drinks rolling and scrambling out everywhere.

» - «

[ carnivalle ]

» - «

   "HUWAAA!"

   Hearing a high pitched scream, Akashi stopped his tracks, turned his head to the source of voice—and blinked, founding a familiar girl holding back her tears from flowing out as she panicky sits up, one by one picking up the drinks that spread all over the floor, put it hastily into her paper bag.

   (He was on the way to the cafeteria—knowing it was break time after all, and so he thought to buy bread to eat it in the student council's room while working on the documents.)

   He didn't understand it himself, but when he regained his senses, there were already three canned drinks in the palm of his hands—and he was already holding it forwards to the certain [color] haired girl, which earned him a gasp from her, before mumbling as she takes the drinks and looking up:

   "A-ah—thank you ... eh? Akashi-kun?"

   She blinked, certainly not expecting him, innocently stare at his heterochromatic eyes, as there was one canned drink left in his hand. Realizing that she was in a dumbfounded state, Akashi took the initiative to put the drink inside the paper bag.

   "E-eh—" She stands up, holding the paper bag that luckily didn't tear at all. "Thank you."

   He crossed his arms, eyes coldly gazed at her while he sighed a little. "You need to be more careful."

   [surname] nodded, [color] orbs looking naively at him—while she hugs the paper bag tightly near her chest. It seems like Akashi was the parent and she was the child that get lectured for a wrong behavior.