Chapter 6

Rapunzel~

“Ugh!’ I give an exasperated grunt after yet another failed attempt to cast a Patronus Charm. I put my wand down on the ground and sit on a nearby rock. I have been practicing in the courtyard for hours, and I’m not getting anywhere. That’s when Merida sits down next to me.

“I haven’t been getting anywhere with this Patronus,” I try to tell her, but her face tells me she’s not listening.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“I’m not sure…” she says worriedly. Then she goes on to tell me about the conversation between the Headmistress and the Minister she overheard. Once she finishes, I stay quiet, trying to comprehend what it could mean.

“Anything else particularly exciting happen yesterday?”  I inquire halfheartedly.  

“Actually, yes,” she perks up a little, “I was beaten for the first time by the new Slytherin Seeker. He hasn’t even ridden a broom for very long! He’s like the next Harry Potter! But he’s not so bad; his name is Jack.”

We both get up and start walking before we come upon the tiny wooden house that the gamekeeper lives in. I recognize a brown haired boy as him when he steps out onto the grass.

“His name’s Hiccup,” Merida informs, “I met him yesterday too.” She waves to the boy in the vest. He hesitates before giving her a little wave back.

“You have just been meeting everybody lately, haven’t you?” I joke. We make our way over to him and say hello.

“Hi again Hiccup,” Merida addresses him, “this is my best friend Rapunzel.” I give a little wave in greeting and he returns the gesture. Suddenly a hulking black shape emerges from inside the house. I instinctively back away in fear. The creature rests its big green eyes on me and spreads the jagged wings on its back. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little. But the stories my mother used to tell me about how dangerous dragons are scared me. However, this dragon simply dips his head slightly and flashes me a goofy sort-of-smile. I relax slightly.

“His name’s Toothless. He’s friendly, go ahead and pet him,” Hiccup urges. I reach out and slowly start to scratch Toothless under his chin. When he opens his mouth and sticks his tongue out, I notice that he really isn’t toothless. He rolls onto his back and looks up at me and Hiccup laughs out loud. I think I’ve made two friends today. 

~The Big Five at Hogwarts~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें