Chapter Eight

It turned out that it wasn't that hard. I just had to act like I did before knowing Nick. He had a bit more trouble though. I was afraid the other students might notice that he'd often stare at me. As promised, I had gone to the Science Lab. before the first class started. I did this every day for several weeks and sometimes, after school, I'd go visit him. My friends noticed that I wasn't depressed anymore and were happy about it. Luckily, they hadn't questioned me about the reason why I was now happy. No one seemed to suspect anything up to this point. I woke up on a Monday morning to a very dark winter day. I hated winter! Because I was excited to go see Nick, I hurried to get ready. I wore a white lace shirt, a white tank top underneath it and my usual skinny jeans. I quickly curled my hair and let it fall down loosely to my waist. As I got ready for school I also daydreamed. My mother was starting to worry because I always seemed distracted. I left for school without my friends. I had told them not to wait for me. Along the road, I recognized Nick's car. He drove up next to me and came to a stop. He opened the window and checked to see that no one was in sight.

"Do you want a ride?" he offered.

"Yes please!"

I got into the passenger seat and closed the door. Within minutes, we were at the road right before school. He dropped me off there because if he drove me the whole way, it would look suspicious.

"Meet you there." he said.

He drove away and I walked the short distance to the school. I arrived at my locker, put my school bag in it got my binders for the first class. Silently, I headed to the Science Lab. I walked in and greeted Nick. He looked very tired and he explained to me that it was because he had corrected exams all night. I massaged his shoulders and his back. Immediately, his muscles stopped being so tense and he sighed contentedly. After a while he got up and I couldn't resist him, so I kissed him again. He didn't protest, in fact he did the very opposite. He gave me a looked at me hungrily when we stopped to take a breath. We continued kissing as we never had, as though our lives depended on it. Somehow, I ended up laying down on his desk. He feverishly kissed my jawline, then proceeded to do the same along my neck. Before I knew it, he was unbuttoning his shirt. I started to take off my clothes. My heart raced as his soft hands ran down my back slowly. His warm breath tickled me, his eyes took in every inch of my body, which he embraced feverishly.

"You're beautiful, but you already knew that!" he whispered in my ear.

I felt like I was in heaven. We made love until he noticed how much time had gone by. We put our clothes back on and I kissed him goodbye. I headed to my next class with a huge smile on my face. When I got there, I was twenty minutes late, Mrs. Barry wasn't pleased and I knew it. Jennifer waved at me and I stood near her. The students had started a round of badminton so I had to watch while they finished it. When gym was done, Jennifer noticed something I hadn't.

"Is that a hickey?" she questioned, pointing at my neck.

"Nope, it's a bruise."

"Can I see?"

She didn't wait for an answer.

"Liar, it is a hickey! Who did it?" she asked.

I looked away. She asked me again.

"My boyfriend..." I replied.

"Who? I want his name."

"I can't..."

"Why not? Do you still trust me?" she asked.

"Yes but I can't mention a name..."

"Seriously? I'm your best friend, you can trust me!"

"It's not about trust, it's because he isn't a student..."

Her eyes widened.

"At this school!" I added hurriedly.

"Wait, what?!? He's not a student? You mean you are dating a teacher!"

"Hush! No, why would you think that?" I asked, pulling her aside.

She sensed the lack of conviction as I said those words.

"It is! I knew it! Is it Mr. Grant?"

"Ew, no! And I can't tell you who it is!"

I rushed off before she could ask me anymore questions. I knew she'd probably end up questioning people around here to know who it was. I hoped no one knew too much about us.