➵ 05 | R A D A G A S T

BECAUSE OF THE smell, I didn't really looked forward to enter it so I just stayed outside

BECAUSE OF THE smell, I didn't really looked forward to enter it so I just stayed outside. I made my way on the cave so I could have a good view over our surroundings.

"Where's Keira?" I heard Thorin ask. I looked down and saw Thorin looking at me, raising an eyebrow. I just shrugged. "I have a clear view over our surroundings here."

He shook his head, a small smile played on his lips. "Come down, would you."

I jumped off the cave and rolled over to break the fall. I came standing right in front of him. "What can I do for you, my king?" I said, teasing him.

"I have something for you," he answered. I raised my eyebrow and he held out a dagger. I looked at him, my mouth fell open. I knew this dagger. It was my father's. I looked back at him. "You knew?"

He looked confused. "What?"

I unsheathed the dagger and let him read the inscription. "Strongbow," he mumbled. "What of it?"

I smiled a little. "It was my father's." He was shocked but smiled then.

He touched his father's bead. "Then we're even." I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Thorin, this means more to me then you'll ever know."

He smiled back. "I think I can."

Our conversation was interrupted by a voice.

"Thieves! Murders!"

I unsheathed the dagger but relaxed when I saw that it was Radagast. 

"Radagast?" I called out, "What are you doing here? Is Sebastian alright?" While I stayed with him, I had become very close to the little hedgehog.

"My dear Keira, I didn't know you would be here." I smiled and looked at Gandalf.

"Yeah, me neither."

I saw that Radagast wanted to talk to Gandalf alone so I left them.

"How do you know him?" Thorin asked. I smiled, remembering those good days. "He patched me up after I ran in with some orcs. I stayed a while and helped him take care of all the animals."

I heard the howl of a Warg and took my bow and an arrow.

"Was that a wolf?" Bilbo asked.

"That was not a wolf," Bofur said at the same time a Warg jumped out of the bushes. I quickly shot him. I went nearer and my eyes widened. "A scout! That means an orc pack isn't far behind!"