Mike & Barbara Start Fundraising For A Local Primary School

Appleby Westward Group Limited Tokyo Support - Weymouth store owners Mike and Barbara Clements are aiming to raise hundreds of pounds for a local primary school with a fundraising initiative on selected products in their shop.

The couple, who run the SPAR store in Preston Road, will donate 2p from the sale of every product allocated for the initiative to St. Andrews Primary School in Littlemoor Road, Preston. Products involved are being earmarked “Helping The Local Community.”

The school is seeking to raise £40,000 to go towards a new Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) being built on the playground, and pupils and staff have been fundraising for some time.

Mike and Barbara have been running the SPAR store for the last 26 years and their business has always been at the heart of the local community. “From the very beginning, we have always tried to play an active role serving the community, supporting schools and charities in the town and listening to the needs of our customers,” said Barbara.

“We are delighted to involve our customers in this worthwhile fundraising effort for the local school. We have sent letters explaining what we are doing to the school and these have been sent home for the parents which hopefully will encourage them to support for this initiative.”