Disastrous Date

A few days later, Blackpink was back in Korea, they were granted a week of rest.

It should annoy them enough that they still lack schedule despite just releasing their first full album a month ago, but what annoyed them a lot more is how their main vocalist had turned into some kind of a happy clown, her smile not fading even once, especially after they got back from Japan.

"What's wrong with her?" Lisa whispered to Jisoo and Jennie.

The quartet was lazing around at the living room watching a rerun of a drama, although it's actually just Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie watching. Chaeyoung was grinning like an idiot while staring at her phone.

Jungkook had told her that he prepared a surprise for Chaeyoung, and that he'll give it to her once they came back to Korea. But due to BTS' schedule, she had to wait a few more days.

Chaeyoung:
Kook?
U there?

Jungkook:
Heya!
Our photoshoot just ended.
Ready for the surprise?

Chaeyoung:
Yess
Can't u tell me what it is first??
Im not a fan of surprises.

Jungkook:
Lol no.

Chaeyoung:
Meanie

Jungkook:
Patience, chaeng
Why call it a surprise if it doesn't surprise u

Chaeyoung:
Fine😒

Jungkook:
Hehe
Get ready
I'll come pick u up in 15 mins

Chaeyoung:
WHAT?!
NO
I HAVENT SHOWER YET
GIVE ME 30 MINS U IDIOT
And also no, u can't come to our dorm
Go to the hospital, I'll see u there

Jungkook:
Hahaha
Okay, okay
Hospital it is then

Chaeyoung quickly stood up from the sofa, and the members turned their heads towards her.

"What's wrong?" Jennie asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I'm going out for a bit." Chaeyoung replied.

"With Jungkook..?"

Chaeyoung hesitated. ".. With Jungkook." She carefully replied, gauging her members' reactions.

She was well aware that what was happening around her wasn't good for their career.

Because they all knew that Jungkook is trying to woo Chaeyoung, but the girls are under YG.

That doesn't need to any further explanation.

The only reason why they could actually talk comfortably with each other is beacuse they're allowed to be friends.

But to her relief and surprise, the girls just wore some knowing smirks and said nothing, which is better than getting scolded at.

"Well you better hurry, you don't want to be late, do you?" Jisoo chuckled lightly.

Chaeyoung decided not to question her member's approval, and instead flashed a small smile and quickly went to her room to get ready.

"Are you sure? What if sajangnim gets to know about this..?" Jennie asked Jisoo, her eyebrows furrowed in worry.

Jisoo sighed but kept her smile on. "I don't know. But if this makes her happy then I'm on her side."

".. You're right. She's changed ever since their encounter at the hospital. I just don't get why she still won't admit her feelings though." Jennie shook her head lightly.

Lisa frowned. "Honestly, I pity Jungkook." The two girls turned their heads to the maknae. "I mean, he's made it clear that he likes her. Then she said she'll give him a chance, which she did, but until when? Isn't it unfair to Jungkook?"

The girls nodded weakly in agreement.

"But hey, I have a feeling that it won't be long until she admits it herself." Lisa continued with a smug face.

"Uh, but I hope she won't stay like how she is now, I'm starting to get disgusted." Jisoo said, and the girls shared a laugh at their fellow member's love life.

***

Chaeyoung greeted the nurses and doctors as she walked inside the hospital. They were very pleased to see her again, they congratulated her for the recent comeback and whatnot. She was really a loved person wherever she goes.

"Chaeyoung!"

She turned around to see a nurse running towards her with open arms, lunging forward to attack her in a strong hug.

"Yoona unnie! I missed you!" Chaeyoung hugged her back.

"I know, I missed you too! Congrats for your first album. I'm really proud of you." Yoona said.

Chaeyoung smiled sweetly at the older girl. "Thank you, unnie. I really wish you would continue being a singer though."

Yoona snorted. "Nah, I've been in the industry for too long, it's your turn now."

If you're still clueless, this nurse is Im Yoona, from SNSD.

Yoona was Chaeyoung's best friend in the hospital. She was exactly the same as her, dreaming to become a doctor as well as an idol. The two shared a strong connection, as sunbae-hoobae and also fellow nurses.

A few weeks after her internship ended, Chaeyoung got shocked by the news that Yoona was going to retire from singing and leave her group. The media didn't expose why, but Chaeyoung knows that Yoona had decided to focus on her medical studies.

The girls talked for a while, until Yoona said had to go to the X-Ray room. They exchanged hugs and bade goodbye.

As she waited for Jungkook, Chaeyoung walked around, reading the bulletin board for infos and probably things she hadn't  learned yet.

He's kinda late isn't he.

Just then, she heard a male voice calling her name from quite a distance.

She turned around, and her eyes widened when she saw the person who was quickly making his way towards her.

J-Jaehyun?

He was already in front of her as she froze. "Chaeyoung."

"J-Jaehyun. Why-- w-what are you doing here?"

"Why did you block my number?" He asked, his eyes showing his sadness and anger.

"I-i, Jaehyun-"

She was cut off when Jaehyun suddenly lifted his hands, revealing a small box in his grip. She looked at him full of confusion. "It's chocolate. Tiramisu. I know it's your favorite."

Chaeyoung was speechless as she stood there.

Luckily, or unluckily, they were standing at one of the spots in the hospital where even the staffs don't usually go, because Chaeyoung wanted to meet Jungkook there to avoid suspicion.

"Please, Chaeyoung. Won't you accept me?" Jaehyun pleaded, forcing the chocolate into her hands.

Chaeyound really didn't know what to do. "Jaehyun, I-I'm sorry.. I can't." She said, handing him back the sweets.

The male flinched, but then he suddenly pulled her into a hug so tightly.

"J-Jaehyun! Let me go!"

"No."

"Jaehyun let go of me before I scream!"

"No! I'm not letting you go until you accept me, Chaeyoung." He growled.

Chaeyoung tried to struggle herself free, but Jaehyun effortlessly overpowered her, keeping her in place.

Suddenly his grip drastically loosened, and then she heard his voice from behind her.

"Chaeyoung?"