Pardon?

"Chaeyoung?"

She heard his voice calling her name from behind her.

Chaeyoung immediately pushed herself away from Jaehyun, and turned around to see Jungkook standing just a few steps away from them with an obvious frown.

Thanks to where he was standing, the sight he saw was just two people hugging each other.

His face was unreadable, there was hints of anger, confusion, jealousy, sadness all at the same time.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" Jaehyun spoke up, surprised to see him there.

Jungkook didn't say anything, instead his frown went deeper.

Chaeyoung once again didn't know what to do, or what to say in the situation.

But she knew she had to do something when Jungkook turned his back from them and started to walk away.

All of the sudden, her heart raced with fear.

Her eyes widened in panic, she quickly tried to run after Jungkook, but was stopped when Jaehyun grabbed her arm.

"Please, Jaehyun, I need to go after him.." She pleaded, and Jaehyun could see how she had her mind only to Jungkook through her eyes.

But he didn't want to give up. "Is he why you rejected me? Jeon Jungkook? Isn't he just a friend?" He frowned.

Chaeyoung's eyes were glassy now, she bit her lower lip as she snapped her arm from his grip.

She didn't say anything in reply, and turned around to run after Jungkook.

Jaehyun was left there alone, feeling dejected.

"God damn it..!"

"Jungkook, wait!" She called his name.

She was panting hard, due to walking too fast mixed with her heavy chest.

She tried to catch up to him, but her legs couldn't keep up with his strong and fast pace of walking.

Wait, Jungkook..!

"Jeon Jungkook!" She called him again.

She had gained attention of the staffs and patients around, but their attention wasn't the one she wanted right then.

"Jungkook, please.." She pleaded, still trying to get to him.

Please, Jungkook..

Jungkook didn't turn around to look at her, not even a sign of stopping. He was running away from her; and for some reason Chaeyoung could feel her heart crashing into pieces.

No..

Suddenly, he disappeared from her sight as they turned in a corner of the building.

She looked around in panic, wondering where he disappeared into thin air.

"Jungkook..?"

"Where are you..?"

Her voice was stuck in her throat, and her lips were trembling.

But he wasn't there. He wasn't there anymore.

She didn't even notice that she had find herself in the main entrance as she looked for him.

H-he turned his back on me..

He's g-giving up on me, isn't it..?

If she wasn't crying when she was chasing him, she definitely was crying hard now.

She doesn't know why, but her heart felt so heavy at the thought of Jungkook letting her go, admitting his defeat from chasing her.

As if potraying her feelings, the sky suddenly poured outside. That was when Chaeyoung finally realized that Jungkook was gone.

Submitting to her heart and disobeying her mind, she decided to cry in the rain, disguising her tears with the dripping waters from the clouds.

But just as she was about to step into the rain, she felt a large cloth on her head. It was a black leather jacket that she was familiar with.

She turned around to see Jungkook, adjusting his jacket on top of her head so it won't fall.

"J-Jungkook..?" She sobbed.

He smiled warmly to her. "We're gonna have to run in the rain."

"H-huh..?"

He turned her shoulder to face him. He ran his thumbs to wipe the tears on her cheeks. "We still have a date to go, right? Well, my car is quite far from here, so we gotta run for it."

Before Chaeyoung could say anything, he took off first, running into the pouring rain.

Her chest was still heavy, but was suddenly a little bit lighter because Jungkook was still there; he didn't leave her.

She quickly followed him from behind, but there was so many thoughts on her mind at the moment.

And she chose not to keep it in her mind.

"Why are you so kind to me?!"

She shouted towards his back.

"Why are you making me feel like this?!"

Her tears were still falling, overwhelmed by the immense feeling in her chest.

"How do you make my heart flutter with every single thing you do?!"

His broad figure was clear in front of her despite the blurring rain.

"There's a lot more girls that deserve you, why do you even like me?!"

She said as they ran.

"Why.. Jungkook, why..?"

She said through her tears.

Then suddenly Jungkook stopped running, making Chaeyoung stop too, just a few long steps behind.

He turned around, facing her. The rain was clouding her vision, but she could see him making his way to her.

Her heart raced again.

He definitely heard all of that, right?

In a short moment, Jungkook was already standing in front of her.

He was drenched all over now, his hair falling down to his face, slightly parted for his eyes to see. Chaeyoung on the other hand was thankful for his jacket protecting her from the rain.

Chaeyoung's heartbeat went faster, nervous to what his response would be.

But Jungkook suddenly leaned closer, tilting his head and putting his hand behind his ear.

"Pardon?"

Chaeyoung's cheeks suddenly felt hot in embarrassment, as she realized that the idiot in front of her didn't hear anything she just yelled.

A part of her was grateful for the heavy rain that filtered her shoutings, but also felt disappointed at the same time.

To cover her red face, she pulled his ear closer, making him yelp in pain.

"YOU DAMN FOOL!" She yelled into his eardrums, and quickly ran towards his car.