Busy

Blackpink finally had something to do when they were told that there was going to be a photoshoot for Moonshot. It really wasn't much, but at least the girls wouldn't go crazy because God save them if they had to spend another day just lazing around the dorm.

Chaeyoung immediately tried to call Jungkook to share the exciting news, but unfortunately he wasn't available around that time.

After the photoshoot ended, the girls went to have dinner at Seungri's restaurant, and Chaeyoung just followed, eventhough she was eager to talk to Jungkook first.

When they got back home, she tried to call him once again.

And he picked up.

"Hello? Jungkook?"

"Oh, hi Chaeng. I'm sorry I missed your calls this morning."

"It's alright, Jungkook. I just wanted to tell you that we finally had something to do.. It's just a photoshoot though.."

"Oh, really? That's great!"

"It is, right?" She said, starting to get excited. "So, um, what are you up to? I wanted to ask if you're free tomorrow, there's a new movie, how about we sneak out?"

There was a short pause from the other end. "Uh, um.. Sorry Chaeng.. You see, I'm quite busy.."

Her excitement faded instantly.

"I-i see.."

"But hey, maybe you could bake some cookies for me, Chaeng?"

Her face lit up again.

"Cookies?"

"Yeah, cookies! I've been craving for those, next time we meet, I'm gonna go for a cookie hunt." He laughed.

A smile found its way back to Chaeyoung's face.

"Sure! I'll bake you some."

***

Two days later, Chaeyoung was occupying the whole kitchen of Blackpink's dorm.

"What are you making, Rosie?" Jennie asked, looking at the ingredients scattered on the kitchen island.

"Cookies." She replied.

"Cookies for Kookie?" Jisoo asked, resting her chin on the counter. Lisa was beside her, drooling over the delicious smell of bakery.

"Mhm." Chaeyoung answered nonchalantly, her hands busy mixing and kneading the dough.

"Can we have some?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty pleaaase?"

"No."

***

After about 30 seconds of waiting, the ringtone stopped, and Jungkook's voice was heard from the other end of the line.

"Hi-"

"Kookie!" She grinned through her phone.

"-I'm sorry. I'm not available now. Please call me later."

It was the voicemail.

Chaeyoung pouted with a frown.

"Why aren't you picking up..?"

The girls looked at her with pity. They were sitting together at the living room, and of course they wouldn't miss how Chaeyoung was very excited to give the cookies to Jungkook. She was already done packing it nicely, not letting it go from her hands even once.

"Maybe he's just busy? He'll call you later, Chaeyoung, don't worry." Jisoo patted her back.

"He must be busy, he never missed your calls without a reason, right?"

She smiled weakly, looking at her phone screen.

"Yeah, maybe he is.."

Later that night, she tried her luck again, hoping that Jungkook would pick up his phone this time.

But he didn't answer the call again.

There was this feeling inside Chaeyoung's chest; something like when you miss someone so badly, and you try to reach to them, but it feels like they were distancing themselves from you.

It hurts.

Chaeyoung decided to leave him a text instead, trying to stay positive.

Chaeyoung:
Kook?
I've baked some cookies.
Can i give it to u tomorrow?

She waited for his reply.

5 minutes..

10 minutes..

30 minutes..

Still no reply.

After a solid hour, Chaeyoung got a little sad and frustrated.

She closed her eyes, making her way to dreamland.

He's just busy, it's okay..

Let's just hope he's free tomorrow..

Without her consent, a tear escaped from her eyes.

***

The next morning she woke up, there was a new message from Jungkook.

In a split second, her whole body became fresh, as she quickly unlocked her phone to read his message.

Jungkook:
Chaeng?
I'm sorry i missed ur calls again yesterday.
And also im sorry, i can't see you today.
Tight schedule.
7:26 a.m.

Her eyes stung as she read his texts.

Again..?

Chaeyoung:
Okay..
I understand.
Just, call me when you're free okay..?
Seen 8:43 a.m.