Chapter 13: New Powers New Me!

*Adrianna'sPOV

I wake up at 8 am. It's a Monday. The first day of college. I hop in the shower quickly and get dressed. I put on my neon purple top and some jeans and my purple pumps. I put on a bit of makeup just so my appearance isn't horrid. I make my way downstairs, letting my hair flow behind me as I walk. I smile as I see Jason downsatirs in the kitchen making breakfast. He will be attending the same college as me but we are both studying different majors. I'm studying Creative Writing and Psychology while he is studying Digital Music and Marketing. I sit down at the table where two plates and glasses have been set up for the both of us. He swings around with a steaming plate of bacon and placed half in front of me. He gives the other half to himself. He then gives me some toast with Nutella. He even knows my favorite food.

He's wearing a galaxy tee-shirt with a pair of torn jeans and some dark blue converse. We jump into his car and he drives off towards the campus. Jason plugs his iPhone into the radio system and plays his music. I always love his music. We jam out to the tunes until we come onto campus. He parks in the sophomore parking lot. He is a year older than me, so I am a freshmen and he is a sophomore. I don't know where to go so Jason brings me to the Administrator's Office to get my schedule. They mailed Jason his since it's his second year. I feel like I am a stray dog lost in the big city. The office hands me my schedule and a map of the school. I follow my map to my first class which was Creative Writing. I look at my schedule to see the name of the teacher is Mr. Joaner. Weird last name, right? I walk into the classroom to find a bunch of students hovering around something. I move closer in to see what is going on and find myself watching an arm-wrestling match between a girl and a guy. The girl has black hair and blue highlights at the ends. She has dark brown eyes and is wearing a white flower crown and fluttering white top. She's wearing skinny jeans and a pair of beige flats. Her opponent's apparel is comprised of a black T-shirt with the words #ThugLife printed on it. He also has on white jeans and Nike sneakers that had a touch of red. His hair is brown and his eyes are hazel. The match grows more intense until the bell signaling class rang. Our teacher walks into the room and plops his things on his desk. All the students disperse and sit at their seats. I take a seat next to the girl that was arm-wrestling the guy next to her. I look at her and smile. She turns to me and smiles even brighter.

"Oh my gosh!" she screams then hugs me really tight. I look at the guy, confusion. He returns my confusing look with one that told me he has no idea what that girl was doing. "Adri! It's me Lucie!" she said happily. I look at the girl once more and squeal in delight.

"Oh my gosh! How long has it been since we talked?" I ask, happy to see another old friend.

"I don't know but man have you and I got some catching up to do" she said. The teacher cleared his throat in order for the class to quit their chatter.

"Alright students. Welcome to Creative Writing. If you think this is a free period to chat with your friends you are sadly mistaken. This period I want you all to write a story about a college student, like yourself, experiencing the worst day of his or her life" The teacher then begins to write the assignment on the board. I decide to write about a college student having a bad day in which they fail a test and their boyfriend breaks up with them. I open up my word document and begin to type. Some students have notepads and pens. I guess they like doing it the old fashioned way.

I start to type my work when a note was put in front of me. I open up the piece of paper and find it was a note from Lucie. The note reads:

Meet me at the cafeteria. I sit with a bunch of our old friends. They will probably be excited to see you again. Love Lucie xoxo

I fold the note back up and continue writing. The period flies by, and by the time it ends, my story is four pages long. I close my laptop and stuff it back into my purse. I get up from my chair along with several other students and exit the room. I see Lucie leave with the guy she arm-wrestled in the beginning of the class. My guess is they're dating. I'll ask her about it later. For now, I need to get to my next two classes and then I get to go to lunch.