Part 10

Myung-dae POV

        Sunjin looked really happy to see her family. I didn't want to disturb them, so I quietly left them alone to talk.

        As I was walking to my room I saw my father heading my way. "Hello father."

        "Ahh, Myung-dae! Could you bring this to Sunjin?" He handed me a tray of food.

        "Umm, sure" I replied uncertain of weather I should go back while they are talking.

        "What's the matter?"

        "I happened to run into her family in town and brought them to see her. They are in the room right now."

        "Oh" my father nodded. I could tell he was thinking very carefully before he said "We better get some more food first." Then he turned around and went back towards the kitchen. "Come on!" he yelled for me to follow. When we got to the kitchen, my father quickly made a few more dishes and set up a larger table for them.

        Why was he cooking and not the servants???

        Well my father was afraid that the servants would find out about her, so he told them to take some time off.

        Once the table was set, we carried it to her room. I knocked on the door and then slowly opened it. Then my father and I brought the table in. "I know it's not much, but please help yourselves" my father said.

        "Young-jae?" her mother was surprised. "You're Cho Young-jae, aren't you?"

        My father looked at her and stumbled backwards. "You!" he pointed at her.

Mi-seon POV (Sunjin's Mother)

        We were talking with Sunjin about what we were going to do, when we heard a knock on the door. Then it opened and Myung-dae brought a tray of food in with someone helping him. The older man looked at us and said "I know it's not much, but please help yourselves."

        It was strange, the man looked and sounded very familiar. Then it hit me "Young-jae?" I wasn't sure it I had got the name right. It was so long ago. "You're Cho Young-jae, aren't you?"

        The older man looked at me one more time and then stumbled backwards. "You!" he pointed at me.

        I couldn't help but giggle. He looked like a scared little pup. I turned to face him and then bowed. "It has been a long time" I smiled. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter."

        "Father, you know her?"

        "Mom, what's going on? How do you know that man?"

        "Relax, Siwan. He is a very good man. He wouldn't hurt us."

        "Are you sure?"

        "Yes" I smiled and he sat back down.

        "Could we s...s...speak in p...private" Young-jae stuttered. I can't help but find it cute.

        "Of course" I smiled.

        He led me to another room and took a seat behind the desk. "Have a seat." He gestured in front of himself.

        I could tell he was nervous to be alone with me so I kept my distance as I took a seat. "Thank you."

        "You can come closer."

        "That is okay."

        "Really, it's fine. Please" he gestured me to come closer.

        I stood up and approached the desk. Then I took a seat opposite him. "I thought you might have wanted to keep your distance. You seemed nervous." 

        "So, that......girl is your daughter?"

        "Yes" I replied.

        "Is she the same daughter from the incident fifteen years ago?"

        "The same."

Young-jae POV

        "I can't believe that this is happening" I sighed. "Who would have ever thought that they would meet again?"

        "You can't change fate" she stated "no matter how hard we try."

        I smiled "Your daughter said the same thing."