Part 34

Sunjin POV

        Once everyone had calmed a bit, I began to explain "First, I should probably tell you Heeyoung and Minwoo, that my name isn't really Mi-rae."

        "What do you mean?" Heeyoung looked over at me. "You told me your name was Mi-rae when we first met three years ago."

        "I'm sorry Heeyoung, but I haven't been very honest with you."

        "You mean that you've been lying to me all this time?"

        I shook my head "No Heeyoung......"

        Suddenly she started giggling. "You are so funny when you are flustered!" 

        I smiled and chuckled as well. "You're not upset?"

        "Of course I'm upset, but it doesn't mean we aren't friends!" she smiled. "Although, I'm still a little nervous about the foxes."

        "Let me explain everything and then you can rest easy" I smiled. "So as I was saying, my real name is Sunjin and I was born towards the end of the Joseon period."

        "Wait a minute" Minwoo spoke up. "If you were born during the Joseon period, that would mean you're.......OLD!"

        "Yes, thank you so much for pointing that out" I chuckled sarcastically. "Anyways, according to history, during that period of time people believed in mythical creatures like Gumihos. This is evident in the books from that time period. Today, people just believe that they are myths and that they don't really exist."

        "Everyone knows that Gumihos are just myths, why do you have to mention them? It gives me goosebumps." Minwoo and his big mouth.

        My family looked at him and started laughing. I couldn't help but chuckle as well. "Minwoo." He looked up at me. "If Gumihos don't exist, then what would you call my family members who are sitting beside you?"

        "Uh..." he looked around the room a little embarrassed. "Foxes?" My family started to giggle again.

        "My family are Gumihos" I stated. "We are the last remaining Gumihos in the Inchon area. I'm not sure if there are any other Gumihos left in Korea, because we were hunted for a long time." I took a deep breath and continued to explain my story. I told them of how I met Cho Myung-dae and how I fell in love with him. I also explained that the case Hyun-shik and I were investigating was actually a case that I was involved in back in 1905.

        "No wonder you choose it! You already had all the answers! Everyone thought you were just nuts!" Minwoo laughed.

        "Yes, well I figured that it would be easy for me." I explained everything that happened a thousand years ago with Myung-dae and Heeyoung started to cry. "Heeyoung, it's okay. Don't cry."