Chapter 1

August 23rd. School was one week away, it was my 11th year. I decided to go for a run this morning so I got up around six. I'm 17 years old, have turquoise-blue eyes that change during my mood, a nice tanned body and white hair the colour of newly fallen snow. I have 2 best friends, Elita who has a lightly tanned body with blonde hair and blue-green eyes but actually are 2 separate colours. One is rimmed with blue and filled with green and vice versa for the other, she's quite skinny, she's quite fun too and has a small nose piercing, over all she's a boy magnet. All the guys, well almost all the guys like her that I know of. Then there's Tia, she's the brainy one, always getting good grades and is always being happy about everything. She has dark brown eyes, blonde hair that goes to her shoulders and pale skin.

We live in Narvana, a place where just werewolfs live. My packs name is Shattered Moon and our neighboring packs are Moonpaw and Darkclaw.

It was 9 when I got back from my run. I went out to the lake and stayed there for a bit before returning. I walked inside and found our alpha sitting on the couch by the window looking through the blinds. I dipped my head in respect and said "Alpha", he turned his head and looked at me.

He was about 50 and his son was going to take over soon. His son's name was Aaron. He was gorgeous, no surprise, he was the alpha's son. He had sea blue eyes and black hair the colour of a newly bloomed black rose. He had big muscles and a toned body. The alpha, Jack, snapped me out of my thoughts, "Ah, Shadow, as you know my son will be taking my place" he paused but soon continued "well, he will be taking my place on the next full moon, so about a week." I looked at him in shock, a week, that soon, then again it is his decision and he was getting old. "Alpha? What does this have to do with me?", he just chuckled slightly before answering "Do you know of any she wolfs that are interested with my son, since he will be alpha soon and will need to find his mate", I thought for a moment before answering "all the she-wolfs around our age are interested with your son" he nodded. "Very well, I will have to host a mate party, now please leave me, I have duties to attend "he said before turning his head to it's original position staring out the window.

I turned to walk into the kitchen when I bumped into something or someone hard, I looked up to fund it was Aaron, he was smiling, I just quickly looked down and rushed a "Sorry" before racing to the backyard to get some air. I can't believe I walked into Aaron, he probably thinks I'm a clutsh and a dork, I slid down the back wall and let out a soft whimper, letting a few tears leave my eyes. We all have a mate, we don't know who until we see them, but then once we see our mate, you still won't know until you're in your 11th year, like I am and then it awakens your wolf and then you know that you found your mate, but only once you wolf has been awakened, then if you look at your mate, you'll have a pull to them.

Just one week until my 11th year. It was likely that Elita was most likely going to find her mate before me and then she'll probably end up with Aaron, or another Alpha, I let another few tears leave my eyes before going back inside, avoiding Aaron and going up to my room. I heard a knock soon after. I walked to the door to reviel my brother Liam smiling, I smiled back. "Pack meeting in 5, involves the Alpha and his son" he said then walked away. I got on regular clothes before heading downstairs to the meeting room. There were about 15-20 wolves in our pack, I stood at the back avoiding any contact with Aaron and everyone else.

The meeting had now started. The Alpha stood up and said "everyone, silence", his voice booming throughout the entire room before silence fell upon the pack. He continued "as you all know I'll be retiring soon, a week to be exact, and my son Aaron will be taking my place, so I will be holding a mate party in 2 weeks. Every she-wold in 11th and 12th year must attend, formal wear, dresses are required and every she-wolf must make contact whether verbally or physically" I saw a group of she-wolves trying to hold back their squeals. "Dismissed" the alpha said, everyone clearing the room. Elita and Tia walked over to me. "Boo" I said. "ahh, so scared" Tia said, I noticed movement towards us, I turned my head to find Aaron looking and heading this way. I stayed quiet while he made his way over here. "Why are you so quiet?" Elita asked, I just pointed to Aaron with my head, they both looked and Elita asked "do I look good?" I nodded. I kept my head low. "Hello ladies" he said, "Uhm, hi" Elita said and giggled, I just rolled my eyes, she was the guy magnet in our little 'group'. I just nodded. "uhm...I have to prepare for school, so if you excuse me" I said before running up to my room which was of course was across from Aarons.

I pulled out my nicest clothes and organized them for school. I then looked at my dresses, I only had 2, 1 that was a simple white one with a ribbon on the front and the other one was a little hot green one that was velcro, I trashed the green one, the white one was too plain and everyone's seen me in it like 30 times, it gets boring after a while, so I guess I was buying a new dress, I'll do it tomorrow.

I heard another knock on my door, probably my friends or my brother. "Come in" I yelled. I heard the person come in and close the door, I turned around and saw Aaron sitting on my bed, I froze. He smiled, I thought of an excuse, "I uh have something I need to uh...do" I told him and tried to get out of my room but Aaron grabbed my arm. "No, you've been avoiding me since our little run in this morning, you didn't even let me say sorry" he told me, I looked down "it was my fault, I'm sorry" I told him. "No, I didn't see you there, so I'm sorry" great he didn't even notice me till this morning. "Look at me" he said, I just remained looking down "Please" he begged. I still didn't budge, "God dammit Shadow! Look at me!!" he shouted, I winced at his voice but did as he commanded, he had a hard look, but it softened when I looked at him, he smiled before pressing his lips to mine, making shocks go through my entire body like fireworks. We stood like that for about 3 seconds but felt like hours to me. He pulled away "sorry for my tone but...your eyes?! they're orange, I thought they were blue" he said, "they change depending on my mood, why did you kiss me?" I asked. "It was an apology since you wouldn't believe me when I said it was my fault"I think I was going to get my dress today instead of tomorrow and a few other articles of clothing because there was nothing else to do today. "I have to go for real this time" I said, he just nodded "see you".

When I got to the dress shop, I looked through all the dresses that were not too flashy. I finally found 3 dresses, I went to the dressing room to try them on. The first one was a light pink ruffle dress, it was too uncomfortable and had ruffles at the bottom. The second one was a white-yellow silk dress, it went down to my shins, it had a shirt-on as well. The third one was a black strapless one and went down to about my knees, It had a ribbon on the waistline that you tied back. I tied it back, it was smooth, comfortable, cute, and perfect. I was going to buy both the black and white dresses but was going to wear the black one to the party. I got up to the cashier, the she-wolf smiled, she scanned both the dresses "$250.99 please" I nodded "why is it so much?" I asked "the black one is a one-of-a-kind and it's made by Zani" I nodded again. Once I got my dresses, I put them in the front of my 1995 Chevy truck. It was a bit rusty with some of the red paint chipped off.

When I got back to the pack house, I put my dresses away and then put on some shorts and a tank top. I went outside to find some kids around 7th year playing soccer. "Yo, can I play?" They turned to look, there were only about 3 girls and 10 guys "haha sure, you can play on the girls team, we're winning anyways, by the way, scores 11-nothing us" a boy said, I went over to the girls side. "hey, I'm Shadow" they nodded "I'm Sheila, this is Drae, and this is Lucy" the girl with brown hair said. "We're starting."Our game lasted 2 hours, the being 33-11 us. "wow you're good" the boy who's name is Drew said between breaths. "Yep, next time don't judge girls, and thanks for letting me play, now if you excuse me I have to go for a run" I told him.

When I got to the lake, I sensed movement and saw Aaron with a she-wolf. I couldn't see who she was. I stepped out of the bushes to find it was Aaron kissing...Elita?! I gasped, they pulled from each other, I ran back into the bushes and heard movement, I ran all the way back to the house and sat on the couch, I inwardly cried. I soon went up to my room. I heard the front door open and close twice, meaning that Aaron and Elita are probably back, I heard footsteps up the stairs and heard giggling and Aarons door opening and closing, great.

I woke up to the sound of rain and knocking on my door. I got up and opened my door to find Liam at my door again. "You missed dinner, so I brought you some" he held up a tray, "I'm not hungry" I told him. I closed my door "oh yeah pack meeting in 5" he said through the door. I just went straight downstairs not caring about my looks, yet again I stayed at the back. 5 minutes later Aaron stood up "silence please". He started "as you all know my father is hosting a mate party for me, well I've taken interest in someone, we are now dating. Her name is Elita" he said bringing Elita to him and kissing her. The Alpha then came up and said "The party is no cancelled. dismissed" he said.

I went back up to my room because everyone was congratulating the new couple. I closed my door and yet again cried, but cried harder. Soon enough a darkness fell over me and I was asleep.