Chapter 3

This chapter is shorter than the previous ones, the chapters after this may be as long as this one or as the previous ones, I haven't decided yet.

During homeroom I felt a strong pull towards Lance, I think he felt it too because he kept staying near me.

After school Lance and I went for a run in the woods. "Haha, I'm totally gonna beat you to the meadow" he said, "no way!" We took off but I felt a surge of electricity go through me, soon enough my vision went black before I felt a pain of what felt like 1000 knives stabbing into me. It only lasted for a minute before I heard clothes ripping. I saw a giant wolf in front of me, he had smoky gray fur with gold here and there, I looked into his eyes, he had a shocked expression in his emerald eyes. I then recognized him as Lance, I let out a howl, it was like before, music. Lance soon joined. His too sounded like music. I then realized I had found my mate and by his expression, he took note of it too. I purred in pride of finding my mate, and an alpha too. We raced to a pond to see what we looked like. I had jet-black fur and white tipped paws, nose, ears and tail. My eyes were a shade of purple. I had huge muscles and my breathing was slow.

We turned back to each other. We shifted back, the pain didn't come, I grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top, I carried with me and changed. Lance only had a pair of boarding shorts.

"I...uh...hehe" I stuttered. He pulled me close and put his lips on mine, I kissed back. Our lips moved in sync and in that moment I felt that everything was...perfect. My wolf was howling in pleasure on the inside, bringing music to my ears. We stayed like that for a few minutes, gasping for air eventually. "I..uh have to go, my pack needs me" he said, I was sad that he had to go but it was his duty. I nodded and turned back to start running for my truck. I was faster, stronger, had better hearing, smell, overall better everything.

When I got back, Aaron or the new alpha stood up. "Where have you been?!" I just shrugged and said "with Lance". He tensed when I said "with" and "Lance". "I don't want you near him anymore" he said sternly, this annoyed my wolf and I. I growled at him, my wolf growling making it twice as loud and intimidating, "too bad", he turned around and snarled humanly. "What?! You will do as I say and you are not to see him again!" I took a step forward "I will do as I want, he's my mate, I am destined to be with him and even you can't control that! S stay out of it!" I snapped at him and walked up to my room. I heard him following "We're not finished yet!"

I slammed the door, but Aaron just came right back in. "Don't walk away from me!" I just ignored him. "look at me Shadow!", I just turned a little to face him, he then continued to ramble about me and Lance. "Don't say things you don't know about, he's not your mate, or else-" but he didn't get to finish because I cut him off "Why don't you stop saying things you know! He's my mate and no one can change that, I know that because my wolf was awakened and I've already shifted once, same with Lance, it happened simultaneously! So leave me alone about him, you know nothing!" I shouted at him, while walking towards my closet to get a bag. I shoved a whole bunch of clothes in it and walked towards the window, I took a step out but Aaron stopped me "if you leave, you are no longer part of this pack, you are to never return." He stated clearly. I then remembered that I forgot my phone, so I stepped back inside, the alpha sighed a sigh of relief. I then picked up my phone and walked towards the window again. I took one last glance at my room and then focused on Aaron "at least I don't judge someone on who they date and who is there mate, and I don't try to keep them apart, even if you have strong feelings for them." And then I jumped down, usually I wouldn't do that but now I was stronger. I turned back to see Aaron looking back at me through the window with a mixture of emotions, shock, sadness, anger. I shifted and put my bag on my back and ran towards the lake.

When I got there, I shifted back and put on my old clothes. I pulled out my phone and texted Lance.

"Hey :(" I waited for his reply

"Hey, what's wrong?!"

"I don't have a pack, my alpha didn't want me to see you again, so I packed up my things, but before I left he said if I left I was no longer part of the pack and was forbidden from returning, and I couldn't stay away from you, your my mate, fate destined us to be together and I told him that he couldn't change that, so I ran away and now I'm packless" I awaited his reply, a minute went by before he replied with.

"Your welcome to stay with my pack anytime" I felt giddy at the thought of staying with Lance, but would except and outsider? I sure if I'm nice and straightforward with them then they might , anyways they have no choice, I'm their alphas mate and what he says goes. I shifted into wolf then grabbed my clothes and shoved them into my bag with my snout and then put it on my back then I ran in the direction of Lances pack.

It took me half and hour to get there, but when I did the view was the first thing I took notice of. There was a small pond at the entrance of their territory and then there was a small waterfall by it too. A couple of houses soon came into view and I saw Lance in human form. I shifted behind a tree and put on some clothes.

"Hey, sorry to hear, but your welcome to my pack anytime!" Lance smiled, I nodded and smiled back, then hugged and kisses him on the lips. "Let's get you settled in shall we? The packs been asking who you are, even my beta Hogan" he smiled cheerfully.

Once we got to his house we went upstairs. "So...uhm you can stay in a sperate room or uhm..." he trailed off blushing. "We can stay together, only if that's okay with you" I told him "together" and then he lead me to his...our room. I put my stuff on one side of the messy room. "Sorry for the mess" he said blushing. "It's okay, I'm used to it" I told him. "I'm gonna take a nap, night" I told him, he just nodded and left.

In about 2 hours I woke up. I changed my clothes and went downstairs. I bumped into someone or something hard. I looked up to see a guy with sandy blonde hair and grey eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, it was my fault, hi...I'm Shadow, Lances girlfriend" I said sticking my hand out, he took it "Hi! We're all wondering who you are, were in the living room and Alpha Parker is there too, I'm Johnathon, Alpha Parkers brother", he flashed me a smile before leading me to a room filled with werewolves, I saw Lance making his way towards me, smiling.

Everyone was still gaping at me when Lance said "This is Shadow, my girlfriend, please welcome her with easyness" "Don't worry, I would like to gain your trust and be welcomed like any new outsider would, except I'm nicer and not here to take over" I smiled, they all laughed at my "taking over" comment. "I'm sure your making an effort" a voice from the back said, he had red hair, a nice build, brown eyes and a welcoming smile. "ah...Hogan, Shadow, this is my beta". Hogan and I shook hands and then smiled.