Past

( ' means flashback)

The door slammed behind me as i stormed out of Sullivan's house. I walked swiftly towards the direction of my home, an aching feeling in my chest. It took will power to not break, i didn't want them to see me cry. The ache only increased as Ludwig's words echoed in my mind. 

"Don't let them see Gyps," i told my self as i walked. 

I look behind me to see a figure emerge from Sullivan's place. I picked up speed, sprinting down the path that lead me home. I felt my hair flow as i ran, giving the feeling that i faintly remember. I continue running almost in a trance like state, I look behind me again seeing the figure getting closer.  My feet pounded against the earth, the soil offering a padding. 

'the trees flew past as i ran, dodging branches'

My lungs burned from the lack of air and urge to cry.

'My smile grew as i reached an open field full of flower. Rays of sun added to the beauty. 

"A place of beauty, hard to come by here in this putrid world," a raspy male voice explained'

I tripped. My body flew forward and i felt my body hit the solid ground. Rolling to a stop I felt warm liquid roll down my exposed stomach. Intense pain shoots through my chest. I look down to see the bandages around my chest are soaked red with my blood. I cursed cringing at the pain. 

A rough pair of hands wrap around my forearm attempting to help me up. I whip around swinging my leg up to defend myself from whoever was holding onto me. My calf collides with the person sending them backwards. i push myself up staggering to gain my balance while the pain in my chest intensifies. 

"My dear there is no need to worry, now allow me to assist you in getting to your home," Fontaine says looking at me. 

I can only glare. My anger still intense. He offers his hand to me, reluctantly i take it. 

We enter my house, I instructed him to help me into my room. He helps me into my bedroom and to my closet. I grab a large black shirt and stagger to the bathroom closing the door behind me. I replace the bloodied bandages and pull on my shirt. I open the door and Fontaine is looking at a pile of pictures from the top of my dresser. 

"What are you doing?" i ask.

"You have changed so much. After all these years, I'm just happy i got to see you again."

He smiled looking back down at the different pictures. The pile consisted of mostly pictures of me, revealing the evolution of me finding who i was. 

"Yeah I guess I have..."

Talking to Fontaine was like talking to an old friend you found after years. He talked about how things were when him and Ludwig we're still around.

"We stumbled upon you when you were very young. You were about four if I remember correctly. You were alone and wandered into the wooded area you and Sullivan grew up by."

Slowly as he talked pictures flashed into my mind, like static on a TV screen.

"That was the last time I remember seeing Ludwig smile. But after that....one day he became like a statue. Emotionless"

He trailed off. As if he said to much. I reached out and grabbed one of his hands.

"Thank you Fontaine, for helping me remember"