Memory

"Oka!" Shin smiled as he ran up to Oka. She smiled warmly when she looked back at him, making his heart flutter. "You won't believe what I overheard in the men's bathroom today!"

"Really?" Okay laughed lightly as she stared at Shin with an eyebrow raised. "Don't you think you're still a little too young to be going into the men's bathroom?"

"Oka!" Shin blushed, clearly flustered as they both sat down on one of the rooftop's benches. "It really doesn't matter where I go to use the bathroom, but anyways just let me tell you what I heard! When I was washing my hands in front of the mirror I heard Juku Ren talking to Shima Shita outside of the restroom talking about how Budo Masuta was going to try talking to his crush tomorrow!"

Oka gasped as she put her hands together. "Hmm, sounds interesting. I wonder who his crush could be." Oka grinned as she thought of a very intriguing question to ask Shin. "And while we're on the topic of crushes... Shin, who do you have a crush on?"

"W-what?!" Shin blushed he stared at Oka, a look of shock on his face. "I-I'm not telling you!"

Oka frowned as she put an arm on one of Shin's shoulders. "Shin, you know you can trust me. I really just want to know which guy is lucky enough to be your crush. And if it makes you feel any better, I can tell you my crush first." Oka sighed as Shin nodded. She looked around to make sure no one was paying attention before leaning in closer to Shin. "Alright then. The person I have a crush on is Taro. Taro Yamada. And I know, that he's an overrated crush but, he's still who I like."

"Oh. You two would make a cute couple, you know?" Shin giggled lightly as Oka looked away embarrassed. "Well, I assume you still want to know who I like?" Shin smiled as Oka nodded, a blush still on her face. "Okay, but you swear you will never tell another living soul?"

"Shin." Oka said as she stared straight into Shin's tired eyes. "Just trust me."

Shin nodded as he took a deep breath. "Okay, I'll tell you. I have a crush on Budo, the martial art leader. Even though I'm pretty sure he's straight and that I have absolutely no chance with him, he's my crush."

Okay laughed and put her arm back onto Shin's shoulder, smiling reassuringly. "Shin, you do know that he's actually really gay, right?"

"What?" Shin smiled as his eyes lit up with hope. "He is?"

"Yeah!" Okay laughed again and smiled. "Did you not know that he actually used to date Taro?"

"Wait, what?!" Shin laughed as he looked at Oka in disbelief. "You're kidding!"

Oka laughed. "Nope. Our crushes used to be dating."

Shin laughed as he leaned onto Oka. Oka laughed back as she pulled Shin into a warm hug.

Shin smiled as he remembered the moment. It calmed him down to know that he had that much of a special friendship with Oka. He blushed and smiled as he remembered Budo. Drifting off to sleep slowly, a smile plastered on his face.

'Maybe I'll be the one he talks to tomorrow.'

*Yay, I published a chapter! I have some more ideas for the next few chapters, but would love to hear yours! Well, I have to be like Shin and go to sleep now. I'm sure that when I wake up there will be zero reads, but that's fine. Goodnight, good morning,  or good afternoon depending on where you are right now. Bye!*