- Chapter V -

- Chapter V -

Slenderman

Anger fumed in the depths of my existence. Claudia had insisted on driving on account that I was much too tall for the driver's seat.

Earlier that same morning I had met with my trustful proxy, Masky. I had asked him to keep an eye on Junior. The boy was getting much too infatuated with humans.

Not two hours later did I see both Masky and Junior strolling into that damned school.

He had asked, and I had said no. That should have been the end of it.

But nothing was ever that easy.

I followed Junior and watched from afar as he attended his only day in a human school. It took every ounce of self control in all of my being to not massacre the entire school.

Damn the humans for polluting the mind of my only offspring...

Damn Masky for not keeping control like I had asked...

Damn everything.

"Hey." Claudia's sweet voice said quietly from the car seat next to mine, "I don't want you to blow up on Junior."

"What?" I hissed, "He deliberately disobeyed us."

"No, he deliberately disobeyed you." She growled. Even with all of the power in the world, I could not win an argument against an angry Claudia.

"Do you mean to say that you want him out there mingling with them?" I asked.

Even referring to the humans as 'them' put a bad taste in my mouth.

"I'm saying I don't want him alone for his entire life. He has never had a single friend and that can really affect people." She said cooly.

"He isn't alone! He has the others." I countered. Junior had only been alone because he made himself that way by pushing away any proxy he met.

"They most certainly do not count." Claudia said as she stopped rather aggressively for a red light, "He needs non-physcopathic friends, Slender."

We didn't speak until we pulled into the school parking lot. I looked at my pale peach human hands and a shutter ran through me.

"This form is vile." I hissed.

"You didn't think so when it was the only one you had." Claudia said. Her voice was tired.

"I did. I just didn't voice said opinion." I growled in reply. I got out of the car, hitting my head and cursing in the process. Even in a human form I still stood at seven feet tall.

I could smell the blasted humans all the way from here. Their adolescent odor mixed with fear and excitement of the first day of school made me want to recoil backwards. I knew Claudia could smell it, too, because for just a second her nose crinkle.

We walked through the front door and the smell hit me even stronger. Being hit with a baseball bat would have been more pleasing. I let Claudia do the talking.

"We would like to sign out a student." she said, calm and cool as ever.

"Name?" A rotund woman behind a desk asked without looking up from her paperwork.

"Sl- Delgado." Claudia said with a smile, trying to cover up her error.

The woman looked up and I saw her left eyebrow slightly raise when she took in my height. Bloody human...

"Jason Delgado please come to the attendance office. You will be leaving for the day."

We waited for five minutes before 'Jason' finally decided to show up. He knew I did not like to be kept waiting.

Another spark of anger ignited when he strolled in, head held high and eyes bright with mirth. His human form still looked very foreign, even though I had seen him in it from afar. It shocked me how much it resembled his mother.

His hair was curly and dark as a raven. The eyes that shown so bright were the color of chocolate. The only details contrary to Claudia were his height and pale skin.

Claudia thanked the woman who had called Junior and we left without another word.

Junior

Masky and I parted ways for our final class of the day. We had played it off as if the computer had glitched and that's why 'Tim Delega' wasn't enrolled properly. It had worked, and sadly when his class schedule was finalized we had only English together.

I sat at a desk in about the center of the room, so I would be surrounded by humans on all sides. After the incident with that damned voice during the lunch hour earlier, I figured maybe more exposure would teach it to shut up. Sadly, however, it didn't work.

In the back of my mind I registered the sound of blood rushing through the bodies of the mortals. And their scent. The sweet of human flesh...

Kill them...

I shook my head violently twice which brought on stares from a couple of the students. I smiled nonchalantly at their quizzical expressions and chuckled inwardly, If only they knew what was hiding underneath.

The Geometry teacher, Mr. Grintz I recalled his name being, was going over the same spiel that I had heard from seven other people today. He went over the standard South Carolina curriculum and passed out yet another syllabus to be signed. I would worry about that later.

Subconsciously I began to sketch on the back of the bright pink syllabus. I had decided that I had liked art when I was merely a child, and ever since I had polished the talent. I wasn't perfect, but good enough. I typically drew whatever was in sight, and I had multiple journals at my house with sketches of my parents-

"Is that me?" I was startled by a voice wrenching me from my thoughts. It was whispering, but my heart lurched anyway.

I looked down at the drawing first to see that I had sketched the back of a head. The hair was long and curly, and I had just begun to work on the light shades when I was interrupted.

"Uh..." I said intelligently as I glanced up at the speaker. My eyes quickly glanced her over before landing on a pair of strikingly green eyes.

Her hair was long and curly, as described in my drawing, and was the color of a sunset in the springtime. The orange light seemed to reflect from the strands, making her body appear to glow. She had a light sprinkling of freckles on her nose and those eyes. The greenest I had ever seen...

"Hello?" She said, waving her hand in front of me sarcastically.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry, I uh..." My words trailed off as I racked my brain for an excuse. Grade A for brilliance, Junior. Way to go, I said, kicking myself inwardly.

"It's really good." She whispered, looking down at the sketch again. Her hair fell as she shifted, like fire being blown by the wind.

"Th- Thanks." I said. I was stuttering excessively today.

Thinking quickly I shoved the paper towards her quickly, making it crinkle loudly.

"Miss Black, would you care to share the topic of you conversation with-" the teacher stopped, checking his attendance list, "Mr. Delgado with the class?"

"No, sir." She said as she turned around, my pink syllabus in hand. The class's eyes were stuck on her like glue as she swiveled to look ahead again. With all of the attention drawn to her, a pinkish color filled her cheeks.

With that Mr. Grintz continued to explain what we would be doing first this year in Geometry, "We will start out the year by taking a vocabulary quiz about your knowledge of Geometry prior to the course-"

A click sounded in the room and a woman's voice came from a speaker on the wall, "Jason Delgado please come to the attendance office. You will be leaving for the day."

Shit, I yelled to myself as I discretely collected my things, They caught me. They found me. They know. Shit.