Land Of Waves

Meooooowwwww!

...

"I hate this. This is boring. Why is it that such awesome people like us have to go cat catching?" Naruto complained. "Are you taking revenge on us or something, Kakashi-sensei?"

"Idiot!" Sakura punched him. "Don't give him any ideas. And this is for asking if I had pills!"

Sasuke coolly ignored his teammates and turned to Kakashi, who now had shorter hair. He had been forced to cut it after it was burned during the bell test. "I agree. This is ridiculous. You saw our abilities in the bell test. Give us something we deserve."

Kakashi snorted. "You really think you're ready? This is all to build character and teamwork. All Genin go through it."

"You suck," Naruto pointed his tongue out at him in childish anger.

"I know."

"I hate you. I'm going to go paintball shopping," Sakura complained and dropped onto the grass, refusing to move. "And Sasuke and Naruto are going to join me. All for you."

"...You know what? On second thought, you can have your stupid c-rank mission."

"Oh really?" They plopped down onto the grass and yawned. "Yeah right."

Kakashi was slightly hurt. "You really don't believe me in anything I say, do you?"

"After the many times you told us you'd be on time and was late, and the countless amount of times you said 'the next mission is going to be interesting,' you don't really expect us to believe you?" Sakura pointed out.

"Yeah! And the one time you fed me seafood even when I clearly told you on the first day that I can't stand oysters!" Naruto looked ready to cry/puke at the memory. "You did that on purpose."

Kakashi put his hands up in a placating gesture. "Hey, but in return, you guys totally bombed my house full of paintballs. Don't you think we're even? By the way, I still haven't figured out how you managed to trick me. I am a Jounin after all."

"Can't even figure that out?" Sasuke turned his nose up. "And just what do you expect to teach us? You already imparted your knowledge on proper ninja etiquette."

"Sasuke don't be like that. Etiquette is important! I want to be a great teacher for all of you, and believe me, proper manners is the way to go." Actually what he had been hoping for was that they'd get the "no attacking fellow ninja without clearance" rule and stick with it, but somehow that particular one seemed to have slipped their mind.

"Yeah right," Sakura and Naruto stuck out their tongue.

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Let's just hurry up and go get that next mission. It better be good. Or else."

Kakashi flinched. He had high hopes for his team, but to be so ignored! He felt tears coming to his eyes. Sigh, his students...oh how he loved them all. But the things they made him do...

...

"Kakashi, are you listening?" Sarutobi puffed on his pipe. Two weeks and already the little rascals sucked the life out of the Jounin. And here he thought Kakashi might be the only one with enough guts and wit to keep them in line.

Kakashi snapped out of his daydream. His head had been high up in the clouds, with his cute students running around... "Hmm? Did you say something?"

Sarutobi closed his eyes and counted. From by his side Iruka slapped his forehead. The devilish trio was standing by, looking innocent and impossible of crime. The aged leader spoke up again. "I said, your team photo is not suitable. Take another one."