Chapter 29

"You have an unhealthy obsession," Chloe laughed as Beca pulled up to the Taco Bell window.

Beca had convinced everyone to let her drive Chloe up to the cabin herself while everyone else carpooled a few hours ahead of them so they could set the tents up.

"I can't help it," the brunette whined. "It's just so good." When the employee told her the amount, she held out her card for him to take.

"Is this your cry for help?" Chloe asked as she was handed her drink. "Because if so, I'll need to call in some reinforcements."

"Thank you," Beca told the man as he handed her the bag of food before giving her card back. After handing the food to her girlfriend, Beca looked over at her. "You're unnecessarily mean for someone who's 18."

"That doesn't even make sense, Bec," the redhead laughed. "And my birthday is tomorrow. Speaking of, where are we going?"

Beca smirked over as she pulled onto the road. "That, m'lady is a surprise."

Chloe rolled her eyes as she stuck her hand into the paper bag to throw a nacho fry into her mouth before taking a sip of Beca's drink.

"Hey! You have your own, Beale," Beca whined as she watched the older woman take another drink.

"I wanted to taste yours and FYI, it's disgusting."

"Take that back right now," Beca gasped. "Lemonade freezes are fucking great."

"No, I won't," Chloe scoffed. "They're sour. How can you even drink that shit?"

"Excuse you but that shit will probably be the best thing that you ever taste," Beca said putting air quotes around 'that shit' for emphasis.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," the senior smirked as she took a bite of another fry, handing her girlfriend one as well.

"What do you mean?" The brunette asked and Chloe shrugged, refusing to say anything as a comfortable silence took over. That was until Beca had realized what she meant and gasped. "Chloe, you dirty little bird!"

Chloe just laughed and continued feeding both herself and Beca while they listened to one of the redhead's many playlists.

***

"Beca, I'm serious!" Chloe screamed while bouncing her leg up and down while the brunette just laughed at her. "Stop the damn car!"

"That's what you get for drinking both our drinks," Beca laughed as she pulled into the only gas station in sight. "They're sour, my ass," she mumbled.

"I swear to God, Rebeca Mitchell," the senior groaned as she squeezed her legs shut, grabbing onto the door handle, ready to jump out as soon as the brunette stopped.

"Woah, hey," Beca said with wide eyes as she tried to keep a straight face. "There's no need to use my full name."

Chloe raised her eyebrow and tried to open the door but Beca locked it back which made the older woman groan.

"Fucking open the door."

"Okay, fine," she said and unlocked it before pressing the lock button again.

"Do you want me to pee in your car?" Chloe asked exasperatedly. "Don't fucking lock me in."

"Okay, grumpy pants," Beca laughed as she unlocked it again. Right as the redhead went to open her door, the brunette locked it for a third time which made Chloe reach over and smack the shit out of Beca's arm. "Ow!"

"Don't fucking lock me in," Chloe said before unlocking the door herself before pushing it open and jumping out of the car.

"You could have just did that the first time," Beca shouted as she watched her girlfriend run to the store, sticking up her middle finger on the way in.