Chapter 1

They did it. Finally. The newly crowned champions of season 18. Did they ever really doubt themselves? Weren't they always the front runners?

Maks, clutching the Mirror Ball trophy, grabbed Meryl's waist as one of the boys hoisting her on their shoulders started putting her down. He leaned in to kiss her, caught up in the moment having just won the trophy. Meryl, always aware of the cameras that were still rolling, tilted her head to the right so Maks only caught her cheek. Maks didn't mind and seemed to have remembered that the cameras, and everybody else were still watching the champions closely. Smiles, hugs and congratulations came and as they finally went off air, Maks and Meryl walked backstage with their trophies.

They were finally alone in his dressing room. They both stared at each other for a moment and laughed. "We did it babe, I can't believe it!" Maks exclaims as he sets his trophy down on the table. "Well, you better believe it! You were such a great coach to me, Maks. I couldn't have asked for a better experience after Sochi. Thank you.." Meryl smiles genuinely at Maks and he smiles back, thinking he would miss their moments like this.

He took two steps to close the gap between them and engulfed Meryl in a big hug just like how she comforted him after their freestyle dance. "I couldnt have done it without you. It wouldn't have been as fulfilling if it were with someone else." Maks mumbled into her hair as his hands rubbed gentle circles on her back. They pulled away slightly as Meryl replies her familiar endearment "Aww Maksie!". They just stared at each other for a few minutes, both of their arms drawing lazy circles on the others' until Maks broke the silence forming a big smile, "so what now?"

_______________________________________

A/N:

So what do you guys think? I've never ever posted any of my work anywhere! I decided to just do this on a whim because im on a major Maksyl withdrawal just like everybody else. :(

I hope you all like it and could share your comments, suggestions, violent reactions... they're all very much welcome!!

Thank you for reading!! Will post more soon if you guys are excited