twenty-nine: the more the merrier

one by one, guest started coming in. it was an exclusive party, only close friends and family of the employees and of course yoongi or jimin, those in the food industry, a couple food critics, and long time customers. seats filled up quickly. jeongguk's table seats were save for yoongi, jimin, baekhee, eunha, jeongyeon, and jyeon— one of the cooks. all other employees who worked there were servers for the day, or sitting at another table.

jeongguk realized yoongi's cafe was actually pretty huge when people were actually seated, as it was able to fit all 14 party tables they had rented and the chairs, leaving enough space in between so people could walk around.

"finally, we can sit down," jimin came in with jeongyeon and baekhee, who all took a seat.

soon after, jyeon joined in, quickly introducing herself. yoongi was still in the kitchen, making sure everything was going all right.

suddenly, jimin let out a gasp, everyone's attention at the table turning over to jimin.

"you good dude?" jeongyeon asked with the look of disgust.

"it's her! it's her! she's over there, should i go say something?" he repeated.

the table was confused, "who?" jyeon spoke out.

"im yoona-sshi! i heard she's has a very sweet and kind personality but people say when it comes to food, yoona-sshi is very picky. millions of people read her food blog. should i go greet her? wait no, yoongi-hyung probably did, and i'm just another employee here, so it doesn't really matter," jimin said, clearly nervous.

"so she's miss picky sissy," jeongyeon commented, "this is who my shitty brother has been working his ass off for?"

"jeongyeon, mind your language," jyeon added, shutting the other up quickly.

"whatever," jeongyeon replied, laying back in her chair.

a little after, yoongi came out with a wine glass, filled with, well of course, wine.

"excuse me," he said, catching everyone's attention, "thank you for coming out today, to celebrate the one year anniversary of sweet sugar cafe. you have all been so supportive throughout this journey of building up this place. i would like to thank everyone who stuck by me when i first opened this cafe. a special thanks to my sister jeongyeon, who has helped me manage this place ever since the beginning, and also park jimin, who pushed me to pursue my dreams, and soon became part of it."

most people who did not know of jimin and yoongi's relationship were confused at the last few words and shrugged it off, but those who did saw the clear blush on jimin's face, complimenting his wide smile that matched his boyfriend.

"i can't forget to thank each and everyone who come to their shifts on time, even if you do come late at times, i'm looking at you jeongyeon," the guests laughed, "thank you for helping me run this place. without all of you, i honestly don't know what i would have done. i don't think i've ever treated one of you like i'm your boss, as we've all become a big family, and i couldn't be happier. so here's to all of you, and more years to come," he raised his glass as a toast, everyone else copying his actions.

everyone took a sip at the same time, a few clapped, and yoongi took his seat beside jimin. jeongguk, who was sitting beside them, couldn't help but notice yoongi hold jimin's hand under the table tightly, showing off his gummy smile. the couple was truly an amazing sight.

soon after, lunch was served. there were three options that everyone got to choose from. jeongguk and jyeon both chose the same option, the vegetarian meal, as it looked more appetizing in both their opinions. the rest chose the meat option except for eunha who chose the vegan option.