fifty-five: feelings

"should we scream? maybe it'll wake them up."

"no you dipshit, that's rude!"

"maybe get one of the caretakers?"

"should we just let them sleep in?"

"no! they're going to miss breakfast, i heard it was waffles today."

"more for us?"

"no, remember what namjoon-hyung and seokjin-hyung lectured us about yesterday when there wasn't enough food for the girls? we must learn to share with everyone, especially when it comes to food, we need to make sure everyone stomach is satisfied."

"you're right, this is why you're the best, hyung!"

"what's the other one's name?"

"uh, i have no clue."

"i'm pretty sure it was jeoncook."

all the chattering of the boys finally managed to wake one of two sleepyheads up. taehyung slowly opened his eyes. the other boys didn't see as they faced his back. what taehyung saw was a peacefully sleeping jeongguk. the younger still had his hand loosely draped around the other's waist. taehyung tightened his grip on the younger waist, pulling him closer, praying not to wake him up.

"five more minutes," taehyung mumbled while nuzzling into jeongguk.

"taehyung-hyung is alive!" one of the boys yelled.

this made taehyung chuckle, and he had mistakenly done it right above the younger ear. jeongguk opened his eyes, his arm leaving from taehyung to rub his eyes.

"hyung?" he questioned cutely, sleep still evident in his voice.

"morning," taehyung said, removing his tight hold around the boy, not wanting to make the younger uncomfortable.

jeongguk sat up properly, taehyung copying his action, and found the group of boys staring at the two.

"good morning, hyungs!" a boy, who seemed to be the oldest of the bunch yelled. "breakfast is being served in ten, hurry before all the waffles are gone!"

with that, most of the boys, except for two that stayed beyond to observe taehyung and jeongguk.

"umm, anything wrong?" taehyung questioned not being able to hold the stare of the older of the two boys. they looked quite young, both most likely not older than thirteen. taehyung wasn't quite familiar, guessing they were a new addition after he left.

"why are you two sleeping in one bed?" the one who stared questioned boldly.

"you can ask them that! it's rude," the other boy shyly whispered.

"i'm just curious. it's a bunk bed but you two are sharing one, is that even allowed?"

"uh, jeongguk was just cold so he decided to sleep with me," taehyung made up.

"oh, so you two were basically... cuddling?"

jeongguk face became quite red. is that what it looked like to the boys, them cuddling? well, technically, they were cuddling.

"i guess?" taehyung replied, uncertain of what to say.

"see hyunie! i told you two boys can cuddle, you're just too shy. now come on, let go eat," the boy lead the shy one away, grabbing him by the hand. the shy boy quickly bowed to his elders and let himself be dragged away.

"aren't they just the cutest?" taehyung asked looking back, but to his surprise, jeongguk hid himself under the covers.

"hey, what happened?"

"umm, i want to sleep in for two more minutes, you go on ahead," the younger replied, head still hidden by the blanket.

"okay, take a shower after breakfast. these kids really don't hold back, we better grab food some for ourselves."

jeongguk nodded, listening closely to taehyung's footsteps as he left. once he made sure the coast was clear, jeongguk let out a breath of relief, taking of the covers as well. the boy touched his cheeks, feeling the heat radiate of so easily. he began fanning himself, not that it helped.

jeongguk, you're here to help a friend in need! nothing more, nothing less. you apologized. everything is good now.

the boy began scolding himself for getting all riled up, but can you blame him? the guy he's been longing for for the past week is right in front of him, he can't control it.

fuck you feelings.

—•
i can't keep up with with all these new things bts are dropping :'(
but y'all, the spring day mix got me cryinggggg
(quick filler!)
bye<3