❦7

꧁ₚₐᵣₜ ₛₑᵥₑₙ꧂

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗᶦᵐᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ
ⁿᵉᵉᵈˢ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ
ᵃᶜᶜᵉᵖᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ
ᵐᶦⁿᵈ ᵃˡʳᵉᵃᵈʸ ᵏⁿᵒʷˢ
SEVEN OF NINE

My bedroom door swings open, banging against the wall. I jump up from my slumber and look towards the door.

"Mom?"

"Come downstairs, please." She says, leaving my door way and heading down the stairs.

What the hell? I don't bother putting on a shirt before heading down stairs. The girls are in the living room eating Mac n' cheese while watching cartoons. I walk over and kiss both their heads and wish them a good morning.

I hear the short whispers of my mom and can assume my dad. I quietly walk into the kitchen and stand in the doorway.

My mom looks in my direction and says, "Why don't you sit?"

She pat's the table space she wants me to sit at.

"No, I'm good." I stay in my place

"Alright," she clears her throat. My father stays quiet the whole time.

"We are family and family has its hardships. I'm sorry I had to leave but I'm better now. I want to be here." A smile plays on her lips while she talks.

"You can't just keep leaving and come back when you decide you want to be a mom for a month!" My voice raises slightly.

Michael always asks why my mom leaves and I always say I don't know. But I do. It's just so embarrassing. My mom is bipolar and she abuses her medication.

She gets these high highs and low lows. When she's feeling her best she stays and does crazy things but when she's feeling low she disappears and leaves the girls with our grandma.

"Don't talk to your mother like that."

"Like what?"

"With disrespect. Your mother is in a hard place right now.!"

"She's always in a hard place! How many times has she cheated on you? Julie and blue aren't even your daughters."

It's true, they aren't. This was one of the times she had left. She was gone for months and came back three months pregnant. My dad still took her back.

That's one of the reasons they stay with my grandma. They're only my half sisters, and she thinks they're safer, and will be treated better over there. And they are.

"You will not talk like that to me or your mother! You are under our roof and I won't stand the disrespect! We are your parents." He is yelling at this point. I should probably stop but I can't.

"You're not real parents. You're just as a sad pathetic drunk who's stuck with a lying whor-" He didn't hesitate to hit me. He raised his fist and hit the side of my face, forcing it to turn.

"John!" My mother screams. (I don't remember if I named the father but that's his new name lol) but at the same time as her someone else was walking in the house.

"What the fuck!"

...

Michael pov

"Look I found these." I hand my mom Jessica, my phone.

"Their kind of expensive.." she trailed off.

Me and her have been looking for my own apartment. We talked about it a couple months ago, but I decided to really go through with it.

"Roommate." I reply.

"What?" She looks at me confused.

"I'm thinking of getting a roommate to split the bills with." I have a part-time jobs, so I kind of have to get a roommate if I still want to move out.

"Maybe Ryan?" She suggests.

"I don't know.. It wouldn't be a bad idea." I haven't talked to him since last night, plus I don't even know if he wants to move out of his parents.

"Just think about it." She kisses my head, before getting up and leaving the room.

I sit and pounder for a moment. Ryan is trust worthy and annoyingly responsible, so I guess he would be a good roommate. How would that even work though, I feel like I'd be awkward.

I decide to do the most logical thing, go talk to Ryan. It's the perfect opportunity to talk about the kiss and the housing.

I grab my jacket and leave out the door (duh). I start walking down the sidewalk and look for the street Ryan lives on.

I use to basically live at his house, so I don't ever knock, I just always walk in. His house is now super close and I'm feeling anxious.

I step up and stand on the front porch. I take a deep breath and open the door.

There's a small hallway from the door to the kitchen, where I can see perfectly in the room

Ryan and his parents seem to be arguing, he's quiet for a second before he says,

"You're not real parents. You're just a sad pathetic drunk who's stuck with a lying whor-" His dad hits him and his face turns opposite to me.

"What the fuck!"

Both their heads snap towards me, His dad storming into the living room. I immediately run up to Ryan to look at his face.

"You're okay, right?" I hear a voice from behind us.

I turn around and Ryan's mother is standing from the seat I assume she was sitting at.

"What the hell is happening right now?" I ask looking at Ryan.

"Can we go?" He says in a whisper like voice.

I nod my head and grab his hand, leading him towards the door. We both ignore his mom's frantic yells for us to come back. I take him to the park we first met at, or the old park.

We "met" when we were three. His mother and mine used to be best friends, but they kind of grew apart. It was mostly Ryan's mother's fault but I won't say that to him.

We both sat next to each other on the bench. Neither of us try to make conversation. I look straight ahead towards the woods in front of us.

"How long?" I ask.

"What?" He knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"Don't play dumb." I feel fucking stupid that I didn't notice it.

"Since my mom left, last time." That was like two months ago, when she left.

"Why wouldn't you say anything?" Did he not trust me, we've been friends long enough for him to know it stays between us.

"Because.. It's not your problem. You got school and-" I cut him off.

"Shut up, Ryan." And he does.

"I'm sorry." He turns to me and says genuinely.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for." He doesn't, it's not his fault.

"Why did you come over?" Oh. I totally forgot about the roommate thing.

"I found an apartment."

"That's amazing!" He smiles.

"I'm gonna get a roommate." He doesn't really say anything to me after that.

"That's why I came. I was gonna ask if you wanted to go half with me."

He looks surprised but says, "Wow, I don't know. Do you think we could pick a date and maybe go over things. I don't want to rush into the move."

"Yeah, we could do that."