Chapter 1: Demon

Chapter 1: Demon

"Open your eyes, Dean." Crowley said. I could hear his voice coming from near my bed.

He looked at my dead body. My bloody, bruised face was pale and lifeless. Me, Dean Winchester, had died once again. I had tried to kill the archangel, Metatron who tricked the angel Castiel, or Cas as I called him into helping him and ended up stealing Cas' grace (taking away Cas' angelic powers, including his wings) for a spell that casted all the angels out of Heaven, including the imprisoned angels. Metatron was powered by the Angel Tablet, one of the several stone tablets Metatron wrote when he was God's scribe, making him more powerful than an ordinary angel and, also unlike ordinary angels, he couldn't be killed by an angel blade. Cas had to go to Metatron's office in Heaven to find the tablet and break it. Cas suceeded and imprisoned Metadouche only after he stabbed Me in the heart with an angel blade which didn't feel nice. I died in my little brother, Sam's arms. Because of the Mark of Cain, the Mark that I got from the demon, Cain to kill the Knight of Hell, Abbadon, with the First Blade; the Mark had made me so dark, things were about to change. Not in a good way.

"See what I see, feel what I feel. And let's go take a howl at that moon."

I felt it inside myself, something changing. It felt like a part of me was barely in my body, like it was just an outer coating I could get out of. I didn't feel myself, I felt darker than it was possible for a human being. Crowley's words echoed through my head. What you're feeling right now it isn't death, it's life. A new kind of life. I reminded myself that I wasn't in Heaven or Hell, I had seen both. I listened to Crowley and opened my eyes. I swore I heard a flick as I opened them. I was dumbfounded at the face in front of me. I was about to ask who it was when he recognized his black suit.

"Crowley?"

"Welcome, Dean Winchester. How does it feel?" Crowley said, smiling. He sounded smug in his English acent.

"Worst hangover I've ever had. I thought becoming a vampire was awful. No wonder all you sons of bitches are happier in Hell." Crowley laughed at my reply. "About my idiot brother, if you buy his soul, I'll kill your ass."

"So you did hear everything. Wonderful. Best bet lie back down and pretend that you don't know anything. Maybe I'll make you second in command."

"Of Hell?" I scoffed.

"Don't say I didn't offer." Crowley said. I chuckled in response.

"Summon me at the end of the day." Crowley said.

"Summon you?"

"It's the only way I'm getting back into this place."

Crowley teleported away. I went to lay down cooly on his bed. Was that what becoming a demon feels like? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for me after all.

"Dean?" A curious Sam asked, entering my room.

I waited for Sammy to ask again to move his hands. I felt my brother's worried hands grab onto his arm. He shook me a little. It was cold in my own meat. I was getting antsy (as demons DO get FYI) so I flicked my eyes black for him. He seemed to stumble back in shock.

"Sammy, you okay?"

"Dean, is that you?"

"Test me." I insisted. "Holy water, silver. I'm ready." I was such an idiot.

"Alright." Sam opened the canteen of holy water and lightly poured it on my outstretched hand. It sizzled on my cold, pale skin.

"That shouldn't have hurt." My brain obviously was still of a dead guy's. I quickly showed him my anti-possesion tattoo. "Well I wasn't intending on sharing the fine two legs I'm walking on."

"Dean Winchester." A man in a suit said. His face had light coming from it. His true face.

"I can see your halo." I said.

"And I can see that you are a Knight that cannot remain alive!"

"All the Knights are dead!" I exclaimed.

"Will be." He threatened.

"No." Sam breathed.

"You are too powerful." He boomed.

"No, please-" Sam begged, getting in front of me. The angel paid him no mind. With a flick of his wrist, Sam was flung mercilessly against my hard, bedroom wall.

"That's enough." A voice boomed. The angel looked suprised, like he recognized the angel and left.

I tensed at the sight in front of me. I didn't want to die on my first day as a demon. I didn't want die as a demon. I became less afraid when my gut knew who it was. I felt something deep inside my charred soul sink when I looked away from their face and recognized thier trench coat.