Chapter 1

Pale blue eyes glanced around their lush green surroundings, keeping watch for any signs of a predator. The face that the eyes were attached to showed the tale-tell signs of worry lines. The being's body was tense as the eyes pierced through the shadows of their surroundings. It stood silent as its ears picked up many sounds from birds to the smallest bug. Its heartbeat was quick but steady.

Once the mass saw that the coast was clear, it stepped into the clearing. That mass was a troll.  A grey Female troll to be exact. Her hair was a light grey and her skin a dull metallic grey. Her shirt was a green tank top and her bottoms were a light brown pair of shorts. Her foot steps were so light they weren't heard, and she seemed to glide over to her target. She pulled out a light brown box, sun bleached from many years of use, from her backpack. The backpack was nothing special, just a sack of dried leather with stitched images.

The object she wanted to acquire was a small patch of berries. They fit perfectly in her callused hand as she picked them, placing them in her hand made box. The light brown box had little designs that made it look like it was wrapped in vines. Each carved detail was just as careful as the last. The inside of the box was lined with a soft fabric to stop the berries from mushing together and leaving a sticky mess. Once the box was full she brought out a canteen and squished some berries into juice, then proceeded to fill the can. Once the berries were gone she proceeded to place everything back into her bag.

After all was said and done she set back out to the forest, just as quiet as before. Her feet came forward, toes first, and her heel never hitting the ground unless he stopped to look around. Her toes gripped the very ground she stood on and she allowed herself to relax as the cool dirt trickled over her course feet. When her foot hit the ground, her toes spread open and grip the soil beneath them.

She continued with this seemingly hypnotic motion until she heard a whimper of pain. Her ear swiveled to all directions as she froze in place. Her ear then stopped in a direction when the cry came again, but weaker this time. She took off in that direction, her tough feet slapping at he forest floor. As she ran she grabbed many herbs from around her to prepare for the scenario ahead. She had just finished gathering when she saw what was making the noises. It was another troll, only this one was a colorful male. His skin was a lovely shade of magenta and his two tone hair was green and blue.

She stared in awe as she looked over his body. She saw he had many cuts on his arm, many of which had gone slightly yellow. She cleared her throat to catch the other's attention. She felt triumphant when he whirled to stare at her, but he froze when he saw her. She slowly walked closer, holding up her hands as she did. Her heart beat fluttered when she stared into his purple eyes, only looking away when he blinked. She lowered to her knees a couple feet away and lay the plants out before her so she could shrug off her pack.

The gray troll took out gauze and disinfectants from her bag as she invited the other to sit by her.

"Its OK. I'm only trying to help." She said,  whispering when he inched closer. Her voice was rough but pleasant to listen to. Her voice enraptured the other, which allowed her to clean his wounds without any problems. Then her hand traveled up his arm she felt a shudder rack his body as she neared his chest. She ran nimble fingers over the scrape marks on his collar bone and neck. She saw that they looked like bergan teeth that scraped him up. Once she was done she grabbed her bowl and pedestal to grind up some of the herbs. Slowly adding some unscented oils she created a quick paste instead of a salve due to her needing to stock up on certain ingredients.

Finally done, she handed him the paste and watched as he dipped his fingers into the tingly medicine. He looked at her mistrustfully, but started to coat his injuries.

"Why?" He whispered.

"Why what?" She questioned him. He glanced up at her ruefully before continuing on.