Chapter One: Coffee Shop

|[ Your View ]|

12:23 pm.

I was walking towards my usual spot.

Cute Cups Cafe.

It was a small place that just so happens to be a few miles away from my apartment. I go there on weekends or sometimes after school. I was a regular customer and their most known, due to me always being there that is. 

The cakes and beverages were really good and for a good price, which made me wonder why it wasn't well known. 

But I didn't always go there for the food and drinks. On special occasions, I would see a boy sit in a booth, alone. It was something about him, something that intrigued me. 

Maybe it was the way his hair was red and white.

Maybe it was because he was always alone. 

Or maybe it was just him.

Either way, I was heading towards the cafe in hopes of seeing him there. 

-----

Ding~

The sweet sound lightly rang as I entered the small cafe.

"Welcome~," 

"Hello! Daichi~,"

I said as Daichi-san wave at me. 

"Oh! (Y/n)! It's good to see you again, the usual?" He continued.

"Nah, I feel a little daring today so I'll go with a Caramel Mocha Coffee and Nana Chocolate, Please!" 

He nods in agreement as I took a seat at my favorite spot and looked out the window.

'I wonder if he'll be here today," I thought.

"Who?" 

I jumped slightly as I heard Daichi-san's voice, basically out of nowhere. Mentally slapping myself after realizing I said that out loud.

"Whaaaaaat? I didn't say anything,"

"Yea, you did," 

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said as he handed me Nana Chocolate and my coffee.

"(Y/n), I've known you long enough to tell when you're lying," 

Before I could even respond a soft ring of a bell rang, singling that someone entered.

"Welcome~, Is there anything I can get you?"

I turned my head, now seeing a familiar tuff of red and white hair. I caught a glimpse of his eyes as I turned back around to Daichi-san as he took his order.

"Just a Cold brew Coffee would be fine, please," 

"Coming right up!"

As Daichi-san started to make the cold brew he noticed how quiet I got after the dual colored hair boy walked in, usually, I would talk to him, Daichi-san, as he worked.

"Sooo is he the boy you were wondering would be here?~" He whispered teasingly to me.

"What? No! I told you I wasn't talking about a boy..." God, I'm such a bad liar.

"Hmm~ Sure~" Daichi-san said smiling.

I pouted at his teasing, but he soon brought up another subject.

"Anyway~ have you thought about my offer?"

"Oh, about that, I told you that I wasn't looking for a job. And plus I don't think I would be a great employee here..." I said as Daichi-san walked over to give the boy his cold brew.

'He looks troubled,'

I found myself getting lost in his beautiful eyes as he looked out the window. I took notice of something I realized I didn't before.

His left eye was scared.

'What happened?'

I just felt more intrigued by him. I just couldn't help the curiosity that was suffocating my chest.

At least I thought it was curiosity.

"Hey Daichi-san, how much was his coffee?" I asked.

"$2.49, why?" He looked over at me and smirked.

"Ah shut up, I just want to pay for it," 

"So that is the boy you were talking about?" If possible his smirk grew wider.

"What did I say?"

"Shut up," He said with a chuckle.

I pulled out my wallet and paid the little amount as I finished my order, paying that as well, before I walked out, bidding a goodbye to Daichi-san.

"Bye-Bye~ Daichi-san," 

"GoodBye (N/n)! Be safe, come back soon,"  

I walked out of the little café and went along with my day.

"Hopefully paying for his coffee made his day a little bit better," I smiled to myself.

•|[ Todoroki's View ]|•

"Bye-Bye~ Daichi-san,"

"GoodBye (N/n)! Be safe, come back soon,"

The doorbell rang signaling she exited the cafe, I took small sips of my coffee as I looked aimlessly out the window, reflecting on my fight with my father.

"Tsk," 

'That bastard tried to stop me from seeing my mother, like hell, I would stop,' I thought while my hand clenched into a fist, knuckles turning white. I tried to calm myself down knowing grieving about the fight wouldn't be benefiting anyone.

Relaxing my muscles, I let out a sigh as I admire the sunny day. 

"Excuses me, Sir?" I turn my head to face the Barista.

"Hm?" 

"Your bill has been taken care of by the girl who just walked out, no need to pay for it anymore," He explained.

My eyes widen in slight shock, wasn't the first time that someone has paid for my food but it was the first time someone did and didn't walk up to me an ask for my phone number in return.

The first time out of pure generosity.

"Oh, How often does she come here?" I asked.

"She comes here on weekends and right after school every day, why?" He asked in return while tilting his head.

"I want to thank her myself, Thanks for the coffee," I said while walking out heading back to my house.

As I was walking back, I forgot about the fight I had earlier with my father. As if my day got a little lighter due to her act of kindness.

==========================

[ Unedited ]

Word Count: 936