disappointing

the host club is not the thing she wants to work towards, like a job.

however, many girls randomly in the hallways says she'll disappoint them regardless. are people always this mean?

each day the rumors and slanders get worse and worse. enough that she eventually just stopped going to the host club entirely.

she never thought that she was making it seem like the host club is weak in importance. is her presence that defective?

"hey!" haruhi called out. footsteps ran up to her, and with a slightly panting breath, haruhi said, "is everything alright? you haven't been coming to the host club recently."

she looked away, feeling herself about to breakdown.

"i'm alright. my grades have been pretty bad so i've started to study..."

"oh, okay. well, if you ever need help or anything, let me know." haruhi smiled, "you can request for me when you come to the host club and i can quiz you or something."

she forced a smile, "i don't want to trouble you."

"it's okay right? the host club is probably the reason for your grades lowering. it's the least i could do on their behalf."

"haruhi, you're always so kind to me. why is that?"

"what?" haruhi asked.

"i don't deserve it." she whispered. "i'm the ugliest girl in the school. the ugliest person in the whole school. i don't have any right for people to even talk to me." she tucked her hair behind her ear. "not a single right..."

haruhi stood with wide eyes. in a way that's asking "are you serious?" "what nonsense are you speaking?" "you're so overdramatic."

however, she didn't realize that was the complete opposite of what haruhi was thinking. only the words of sympathy and kindess were trying to be spoken, but haruhi couldn't find the right words.

"i'll take my leave," she said. "thanks again. for everything."

and then, she walked away.