1

Y/N shot up in bed, whimpering in pain as she feels the aftermath of her mom smacking her arm.

"Eomma, why did you have to hit so hard?" She groans, falling back onto the bed.

"You don't want to be late for orientation, do you? Get up and get dressed!" Her mom wags a finger at her before leaving the room.

Y/N stares at the ceiling, feeling her arm throb from her mother's hand. She finally decides to sit up with a sigh, stretching her tired limbs as she tries to remember the name of the dorm she's staying in. She eventually gets dressed, like her mom had told her to do, and slowly makes her way downstairs with all of her luggage. She grunts as she drops the heavy one on the floor, wincing as it echoes through the house.

She stays still for a second, fearing that her mom would come charging at her for making a loud noise so early in the morning. To her delight, no one had come to scold her and she relaxed as she made her way into the kitchen to see a plate of food sitting on the countertop for her. She starts to make her way to sit down, not expecting to get flashed with a bright light that made her lose her balance as her mom comes out from her hiding place with her phone in her hands.

"Ah, mom, I almost fell!" Y/N groans.

Y/N doesn't hear a reply, just a low sniffle come from the direction of her mother, making her look up to see tears start to stream down her moms cheeks.

"Yah, don't cry, I'm really not that far away if you think about it. Come visit whenever you want." Y/N pulls her mom close for a hug.

"Y/N, that's supposed to be my line." Her mom chuckles.

Y/N chuckles and pulls away, starting to eat her french toast before hearing a knock on the back door. She turns around and sees Taehyung smiling through the glass. She puts down her plate and walks over to the door, slowly sliding it open to let him in. He picks her up and wraps her in a bear hug as her body lies limp in his arms as she ran out of breath from his strength. He sets her down, ignoring her glare and going straight to their mom.

"So, Y/N, are you ready to come to college with me?" Her brother asks.

"I mean, I guess so." She shrugs, looking around her house.

"Don't worry, the commons kind of look like this so it'll be like you never left home." Taehyung smiles.

"Great." She replies sarcastically as she plops herself back down onto the barstool at the counter.

"Are you coming with us to the uni, mom?" Taehyung asks.

"No, no, I have too much to do here. Now, Y/N don't be getting into trouble on your first day, do you understand?" Her mom wags a finger at her.

"Yes, eomma, I understand." Y/N replies quietly.

She wasn't really sure what she could get in trouble for. Maybe watching anime too late? Or maybe for not having any human contact whatsoever. Nevertheless, she hugs her mom once more and takes her bags to the back door where Taehyung was waiting for her. They turn one last time to wave goodbye before going up the small hill not too far from the back porch to where Tae's truck was parked.

They put her luggage into the car before getting in the front seats themselves. Y/N looks out the window at her childhood home, remembering all the memories she had there when her father was still alive. And the memories of when he wasn't, and Tae really became a big brother to her, even if he wasn't blood.

"Hello? Earth to Y/N?" Taehyung's voice made her come back to reality.

"H-Huh? What was the question?" She asks.