Prologue

"NO!!!!" ShuFang screamed as he witnessed the deaths of his family and friends. A large mist of blood sprayed all over his body, dying his face and his snow-white robes red as familiar heads came rolling down. "WHY?! WHY DID YOU KILL THEM?! I GAVE EVERYTHING TO YOU! I LIVED MY LIFE FOR YOU SO THAT YOU COULD WIN THE THRONE!" 

He glared sharply at the man sitting before him, regretting deeply for loving that man.

"Why?" The man chuckled as he twirled his wine. "Do you think you deserve to have Benwang explain himself to you?"

Angry tears rolled down ShuFang's face, mixing with the little speckles of blood that stuck to his face. "I loved you." He spat angrily. 

The man slammed his wine cup down, shattering it into a million pieces, much like ShuFang's heart. "Love? LOVE?! Benwang doesn't need your disgusting love!" He sneered. 

"Guards!" He threw a loathing glance at the heartbroken ShuFang before striding out. "Cut off his limbs and toss him into the mountains."

The guards drew their sharp swords and chopped down at ShuFang's limbs. ShuFang let out a wretched cry as he felt his arms and legs being unattached from his body. A river of blood spewed out. A giant puddle of blood formed around ShuFang; there was so much blood that ShuFang wished he could drown himself in it. 

Unfortunately, God did not grant his wish. Instead, he lived even after being dismembered. He lived even after being thrown into the cold mountains. He lived for a full 3 days before lying on scarlet snow on his last few breaths. 

"W-was it s-so wrong to love?" A single tear slipped out of the corner of his already-sore eyes. His sight grew hazier and hazier, until he saw a blurry shadow approach him.

"Would you like a chance to restart everything? A chance to save your loved ones from demise, a chance to live your life for yourself, and a chance to love again--all, in the exchange for your lovely eyes?" The shadow asked, his voice cold and deprived of emotions, as he held ShuFang's chin up to take in the sight of his eyes. 

ShuFang's eyes had always been special. Some people called him a freak because of them, but his parents had always told him that his eyes symbolized great destiny. One eye was obsidian blue mixed with a bit of turquoise while the other eye was silky violet with streaks of silver. One seemed to contain the skies while the other seemed to contain the whole galaxy. 

"Yes." ShuFang used all of his remaining strength to reply before his consciousness slowly faded away. But I won't ever love again.