Chapter 2

The moon hung low in the dreary night as it provided a merger amount of light for the people sleeping beneath it.

A darkly clothed man kneeled in front of ShuFang and gave his report.

"Reporting to master, the investigators from the Ministry of Justice could not find any traces of evidence. All the officials supporting the 13th prince are panicking, including the several generals standing behind the 13th prince."

"En." ShuFang knitted his eyebrows and he contemplated whether or not to choose a prince to support. 

"Please forgive this subordinate's offence for interrupting master, but this subordinate believes that the 5th prince is competent." The darkly clothed man suggested to his master. 

"En." ShuFang replied once again. The 5th prince was indeed an excellent choice, seeing how he led thousands of troops to dozens of victories. He was given the title of the War God; however, in his past life, the 5th prince had died in the war against the Huns. There were many rumours involving this. Some say that he caught a deadly disease in the barren lands, while others say that he was betrayed by one of his subordinates. 

ShuFang waved his hand, signalling the man to leave, and slumped down in his chair. He let out a deep sigh as he kneaded his head. 'Whatever, prince or not, no one is able harm his family now.' He thought as he retired to his chambers.

Meanwhile, at the same time, another person was receiving the exact same report.

"No traces could be found?" A man wearing an exquisitely-stitched robe asked, his voice powerful and firm as he narrowed his eyes on the servant kowtowing before him. 

"Reporting to your highness, besides the dart, nothing else could be found. It seemed as though the dart appeared out of nowhere." The servant replied.

"Interesting..." The man muttered as greed entered his eyes. "And what about that Sightless Fairy?" 

"Reporting to your highness, the Sightless Fairy's fame has resounded throughout numerous cities and towns. All the commoners seem to respect and love this Sightless Fairy. Some have tried to confront the Sightless Fairy for being fake, but they took their word back as soon as the Sightless Fairy gave a public performance of his zither music. Some nobles have been trying to court the Sightless Fairy for many years, but the Sightless Fairy seems to be immune to all attempts at love." The servant reported dutifully. 

"Benwang wants to see this so called Sightless Fairy. Arrange a sedan for tomorrow." The man said as he thoughtfully stroked his chin. The Sightless Fairy...having you as a tool to gain the commoners' support will indeed increase my chances of winning the throne...

-----

In the dark alleyways behind the brothels, a man was currently running from his pursuers. He had several bloody gnashes on his body. Red liquid was flowing down his face, leaving his clothes soaked with blood.

Not before long, he stood outside of the walls of a quiet courtyard surrounded by plum blossom trees. Without hesitation, he flung himself over the wall and hid in the cluster of plum blossom trees before falling unconscious. 

-----

ShuFang's ears perked up as he heard a quiet shuffle outside of his room. Barefooted, he walked towards his door and cautiously leaned against it. When he confirmed that there were no movements outside, he grabbed the broom standing at the corner and used it to push the door open. Nothing was there. All that awaited him was the mild glow of the moonlight.

'Strange.' He thought before walking out. He lightly sniffed the air, discovered a metallic scent lingering around, and traced it back to the clump of plum blossom trees. 

ShuFang was astounded by the amount of energy he was perceiving from the man collapsed behind the tree. An extremely dense amount of energy was gathering before him, forming a blurry shape of a man. He could sense that the man was heavily wounded and needed assistance immediately or death would await him. 

ShuFang was no deity; he wouldn't help everyone he came across. He was just about to walk away when he felt his feet hit a cold object. He picked it up and rubbed it all over. From his rubbing, he could perceive the bumps forming a few words, 'Jun WeiXiang.'

Shocked, he turned his head towards the man again. 'Jun WeiXiang? The 5th prince? Wasn't the 5th prince supposed to be dead by now?' He wondered. 'Is this a butterfly effect caused by my rebirth? But, how could it have affected the outcome of the war?'

Pushing the matters aside, he decided to save the 5th prince's life. Why? Because the 5th prince is the strongest contender for the throne. If he had not died, then the throne would've been his for sure. If he saved the 5th prince, then that bastard won't ever have the chance of obtaining the throne. 

He took out an ordinary looking pouch out of his large sleeve; however, what laid inside of that pouch is nothing of the ordinary. Hundreds of hair-thin silver needles were stacked neatly inside the pouch, with not a single speck of dust on them. 

ShuFang swiftly inserted dozens of needles inside the 5th prince's body, halting his bleeding. ShuFang then took out bandages and herbs from his room to apply to the 5th prince's body. 

After assuring that the 5th prince's life wasn't in danger anymore, ShuFang carried his body to one of the empty rooms and placed him on a bed before leaving. Of course, ShuFang didn't forget to cover the 5th prince with a blanket.