Chapter 10

"Mn..." ShuFang groaned. Where was he? The last thing he remembered was...

All the blood drained from ShuFang's face, leaving it a ghastly pale color. 

It couldn't be. If he really killed YiWang, his entire family will be at risk, especially his father who's currently still in the army. He must help them escape to another country before the emperor finds out-

He quickly sat up and stumbled off the bed. He made his way to the door, but only managed a few steps before he bumped into a sturdy figure.

ShuFang quickly drew a hidden blade out of his sleeves and plunged it towards the man. Because of his panic and unsettled mind, he did not sense who the man was beforehand. He believed that YiWang had captured him after he had fainted.

"Woah!" Jun Weixiang chuckled as he gripped ShuFang's thin wrist, stopping the blade in mid-air. 

"It's me." The words flowed into ShuFang's mind, halting his struggle.

"Jun Weixiang?" He asked, already knowing the answer from smelling the figure's distinct scent.

"Mhm," Jun Weixiang hummed, his low voice sending small pangs of excitement into ShuFang's heart as he led him back to the bed. 

"B-but how?" ShuFang tilted his face up, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion. 

"After you fainted, I carried you back." Jun Weixiang said. He hesitated before adding, "You don't need to go back there."

"But what if he--" Shufang tightened his grip around Jun Weixiang's sleeves.

"Then know that no harm shall come to you with my protection. He can't do anything to you with me here." Jun Weixiang said firmly. Seeing ShuFang open his mouth in objection, Jun Weixiang quickly changed the subject.

"I heard the spring festival is near." He said while examining Shufang's expression.

"Oh!" ShuFang exclaimed pleasantly. He knew Jun Weixiang was trying to change the subject to protect his mind from over-stimulation again. That fool. That utterly stupid, yet sweet fool. 

Speaking of the spring festival, it was one of his favorite celebrations of the year, but he hasn't been to one since his last life since he was too busy recruiting the Shadow Corps...

"Would.." Jun Weixiang started to say. He nervously tightened his hold on ShuFang's shoulder before continuing, "Would you like to go with me?"

Jun Weixiang quickly held his breath in anticipation. He waited for Shufang's answer, but didn't receive one, so he was discouraged and started to lower his eyes in disappointment...

Of course, ShuFang, who was extremely close to Jun Weixiang in proximity, could perceive the dejection surrounding Jun Weixiang. He felt that this side of the 5th prince was a bit cute, so he said,

"I would love to."

-------

"Try this."  Jun Weixiang paid the merchant some coins and handed the glistening tanghulu to ShuFang.