29 [Little White Lies]

Description: Telling a little white lie to get JJ off your back ends up being something much more when you realise that's the reason why Lewis has been avoiding you.

• • •

Lewis stared at you from afar, watching you swing your hips as you danced to the beat. Lewis has been captivated by you ever since he met you at the Sidemen house. You were a friend of Stephanie's who had gotten close to the girl gang recently. You were originally from California but had recently moved to London with Stephanie to be closer to your friends. Your long hair cascaded down your back as you twirled around, dancing with Nia and Emily.

"You alright Lew?" Freya asked, walking up to one of her closest guy friends. "You've been staring at Y/N all night. We all know you have a slight crush on her!" Freya teased.

"No, I don't!" Lewis denied, not being one to speak about his emotions, especially when it came to relationships. Freya raised her eyebrows at Lewis as he sighed, sinking lower into his chair, knowing that he did indeed have a crush on Y/N. But he couldn't do anything about it, seeing as you had a boyfriend back in America. "Okay fine, I do." He gave in, pursing his lips and crossing his arms over his chest like a little kid.

"Well, why are you sitting here moping about? Grow a pair and talk to her," Freya pushed.

"I can't do anything about it anyway, she has a boyfriend, so what's the point?"

Before Freya could break the news that you didn't have a boyfriend (it was all a lie to get JJ off your back about a date), Lewis got up, his chair scraping across the wooden floor as he saw you coming over to him and Freya, breathless from dancing. You had been dancing all night and was heading to the bar. Before you did so, you wanted to say happy birthday to Lewis as it had just hit midnight. "What's up with him, Frey?" Y/N asked Freya, staring at the boy who had sauntered away the second he saw you walk towards him.

"He's just in a mood, but he'll be over it by tomorrow. Hopefully." Freya replied, before excusing herself. "I'm gonna go and speak to Josh."

You nodded, heading to get a drink. Freya walked over to Josh.

"Josh, I have a problem," Freya told him.

"Have you spilt wine over yourself again?" Josh asked, knowing how clumsy Freya was.

"No," Freya looked down, noticing that she had indeed spilt wine over her shirt. "Okay, I have but that's not the problem."

"Then what is it?" Josh asked, excusing himself from Simon.

"Okay, so Lewis has been moping about all night because he's upset that Y/N has a boyfriend, but she doesn't. She just said that to get JJ off her back," Freya explained. "The thing is, I know Y/N likes Lewis but I don't want to interfere because, well, you know what Lewis is like when it comes to these things."

"Frey, you're fretting over nothing. They're both adults, let them figure it out themselves," Josh told his girlfriend of several years.

Little did Freya know, she had just opened the gateway to your relationship. As you were walking past the couple, you had overheard Freya telling Josh what had happened.

You looked for Lewis, eventually spotting him on the balcony, seeing him looking out at the London skyline. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" You said to Lewis, causing him to jump out of his skin. You laughed, nudging him playfully, "Sorry birthday boy."

"Anyway, I better be going-" Lewis tried to get out of the conversation, but you held onto his forearm, not allowing him to leave.

"Why do you keep running away from me, Lewis?" You asked him, sadness in your tone of voice. "It's like you hate me and you don't understand how much it hurts."

"Y/N, I do know how much it hurts." Lewis was now extremely close to you, whispering in your ear. "I deal with the pain of not getting the girl I want, every day."

"Fuck it," you said, grabbing Lewis by the hand and taking him out into the corridor, away from the sweaty bodies and loud music. "Listen, I know you think I have a boyfriend but I don't. I told a little white lie to get JJ off my back because I wanted you to ask me out. I like you."

"So you actually like me?" Lewis asked, smiling.

"Yes, you idiot. I wouldn't have told you otherwise." You laughed.