55 [Told You So]

55 [Told You So]
description: You and Lewis break up, so you confide in your friends.
author's note: this is based on the song Told You So by Little Mix. warning: there's going to be some swearing in this.

• • •

You stood by the slightly opened door, listening in to your boyfriend's conversation. "I know dating Y/N started off as a dare, Jide, but it's coming up to almost a year," he sighed, running his hands through his hair. "She's my best friend, I don't want to lead her on anymore."

You stepped away from the door, surprised that Lewis was dating you just because of a dare. Shocked, you walked towards Lewis' bedroom, as you were staying over his, to grab your overnight bag. You have liked Lewis for years, so when he asked you out you were over the moon. But it was all a lie.

When you reached his room, you grabbed your phone and called your best friend Emily. After a couple of rings, she picked up. Before you, or Emily, could say anything, you broke down. Your hand was over your mouth, trying to silence the sobs that were trying to escape. "Y/N, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Emily asked, concerned.

"C-can I come over?" You stuttered.

"Of course you can. The girls are over; we were filming some YouTube videos but they can be put on hold," she told me. "Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, I'll be okay to drive," you told her.

"Are you sure?" Emily asked.

"Yeah," you assured her, picking yourself up. "I'll be over in thirty minutes."

After saying goodbye to Emily, you made sure you had everything packed in your bag. You slung the bag over your shoulder, grabbed your phone and car keys and walked out of the bedroom. On the way out of the room, you bumped into Lewis.

"Y/N, where are you going?" He asked you, looking confused.

Ignoring him, you pulled on your jacket and opened the door. "Y/N, I'm talking to you," Lewis said, putting his hand on the door to prevent you from leaving.

"Lewis, let me leave," you said, not turning around as you couldn't look him in the eye without feeling like breaking down.

"Not without telling me why you're leaving. I thought we were going out on a date later?" Lewis said, causing you to flip out. You dropped your bag on the floor, turning to Lewis with anger.

"Are you actually fucking kidding me?" You shouted. Lewis stepped back, having never seen you this angry before. "I heard your conversation with JJ, Lewis."

"Y/N, I-" Lewis began, but you cut him off, not wanting to hear his sob story.

"No, Lewis. We were friends long before this - whatever this is - you could've just told me instead of keeping it a secret for almost a year." You picked your bag up, turning to Lewis one last time. "Delete my number and don't ever contact me again."

• • •

You arrived at Emily's apartment that she shared with her boyfriend, Ethan. Knocking on the door, you stood there, waiting for the door to open. Barely a couple of seconds later, the door opened, revealing Emily who took one look at you and immediately knew what was up.

Emily had told you that you were going to get heartbroken in the end with Lewis, but you were so caught up in your new relationship that you didn't take any notice. You cried on Emily's shoulder as she engulfed you in a hug.

"Come on, let's get you inside," Emily told you, closing the door as she let you in. "I'm going to get some makeup wipes and Freya will pour you a glass of wine."

She went into her bedroom, leaving you with the rest of the girls. Gee, Nia and Talia came up to you and gave you a comforting hug, while Freya poured you a glass of wine. "What's wrong?" Freya asked, handing you the glass. You sat down on the L-shaped sofa, Emily coming back into the room with makeup wipes.

"Thank you," you said to Emily as you took a couple of wipes out of the packet and you wiped your face clean, before explaining to the girls what had happened. "I found out Lewis was dating me because of a dare that JJ dared him to do. And Emily, you can say I told you so because you told me way before that I was going to get heartbroken and I did."

"I'm never gonna say I told you so, that isn't going to make the situation any better. But, the girls and I are going to be here for you, whenever you need us."

"Yeah," the girls agreed. All of them engulfed you in a group hug, causing you to laugh.

This is what true love was; even though relationships may come and go, a good friendship is forever.