Chapter 5

Stone woke up as bright sunlight pierced the badger den. He lifted his head up to see Midnight peacefully sleeping, and Blizzard near him. Heh, before I know it those two are gonna be mates. He walked out of the den and strolled into the small forest that it was in. 

He walked out into a little cluster of housefolk dens. There's bound to be prey around here somewhere, right? Squirrels love the bird feeders the housefolk put out. He trotted around the cluster, a few housefolk calling to see if he'll come over. He ignored them, even though he actually didn't mind housefolk. Suddenly, he heard a wailing noise. What's that? he wondered, as he ran to where the noise was coming from. He ran to see a small, round, bluish gray tabby with her tail stuck in a mouse-trap, and a tall, skinny flame point she-cat who was a little older who was trying to get her out. 

"Come on, just pull yourself out!" she said, irritated.

"I can't!" the smaller cat said, obviously in pain. Stone ran in, pushed something on the trap, and it sprung up. They gray cat looked at him in suprise, and the pointed one in dismay.

"Who are you?' the older cat said as the younger cat looked at her tail.

"Thanks!" the younger one said, smiling.

Stone smiled. 

"My name is Stone, and you two are?" The gray one stood up straighter.

"My name is Lake, and...." she said, pointing to the other cat.

"I'm her aunt, Flame."  She said, sighing. "Do you know of any places we could stay? We obviously can't stay here, we don't do well with headfurs." Stone smiled.

"Yes, of Course!" As he lead them back to the badger den.