The Noose Tightens // Part Three

In the years I've lived with the Lodge family, chaos seemed to be a reoccurring event in our lives

In the years I've lived with the Lodge family, chaos seemed to be a reoccurring event in our lives. That's why when Dad and Mom both started yelling and stomping throughout the apartment, I knew something was up.

I darted from my bedroom, my socked feet sliding on the floor as I followed them down the stairs to the main lobby. To my horror, Veronica was on her knees on the marble floor, pressing her hands against a body.

"Oh, my God!" I gasped at the color staining her hands before running over and helping her.

Andre's white dress shirt was slowly turning red as I joined Veronica in putting pressure on his wounds, the blood staining my hoodie sleeves.

"What happened," Mom asked as she hovered over us.

My sister shook her head. "W-we just walked in a-and there was someone, a guy, beating up Andre with a hammer," She stuttered in shock.

"Where's Archie?" I asked, concern flooding my mind. If I knew Archie, there was one thing he would do for sure.

"He ran after the guy." Veronica confirmed my suspicions promptly.

Thankfully, the redhead returned seconds after my question, his left hand cradling his eye gently.

"Archie!" Veronica left her place on the floor to fuss over her boyfriend just as paramedics arrived to take care of Andre. I had frozen in my spot at the sight in front of me. Mom was the one to pull me away from the injured man, her hands grabbing my elbows as she lifted me off the floor.

"Savanna."

Her voice seemed like it was a blur as she spun me to face away from the body. The room around me faded into a mess of colors as I stared at my hands in front of me. The dark red dripped from my fingers and it was like I could hear it hit the floor. My body went numb as the familiar tingling sensation overcame me and my chest tightened.

This was too familiar for me. I had been in this situation once before, I knew it. I've felt the blood drip from my fingers, felt the room spin around me, and I've screamed. I've screamed so loud I thought I wouldn't be able to ever again and then it hit me. I knew exactly when this happened. I remembered it perfectly, like it had happened seconds before.

"This is all you! This is all your fault!"

Saliva landed on my face due to the angry shouting as he shoved me against the wall, his hands gripping my throat tightly. I screamed.

"You made them all go crazy! You're the reason they're dead! Look at what you've done, Savanna! You killed him!"

I gasped for air, my hands trying to rip the fingers from my throat so I could breathe again. I was fading. This was it, I was going to die. He was going to finally kill me, end my misery. I would finally escape.

I dropped to the ground as black spots danced upon my vision, my airway finally opening as I coughed and tried to take in as much air as possible. He dropped me.