Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Only three months later and my cast is off. Trust me, I'm not complaining. I'm happy to be free. I was cleared to ride, although I may never again.

I got out of our large blue truck. It had our stable name on the side. I sighed. I leaned against the truck, knowing I had to walk to the house.

I stooped forward and started towards the house. I yelped every time I put too much pressure on my swollen foot. I could ride in a week, but I didn't want to.

I most likely never would. I walked up the steps and into the house. Athena sat on the couch and perked her ears when she saw me. Athena was my cur puppy.

She walked over, wagging her tail and licking my legs.

My mom walked through the kitchen and into the backyard. I walked over to my dad and sat by him on the couch.

"I have some one for you to meet." He said.

I thought it would be another failed attempt at match maker so I followed him outside. I got suspicious when he walked me into the big barn.

He guided me to a stall. A large amber champagne mare stuck her head over the stall. Quarter Horse. She was gorgeous. Dad's attempt at getting me to move on but it only gave me a pang of grief. A single tear rolled down my face.

A guy walked. He was pretty. He had brown hair and brown eyes. His hair was messy and he didn't have on a shirt. "Finally got the colt out. Anything else you need me to do Mr. Marshell?" He asked my dad. I was captivated by him.

"Oh Clay! Can you take up this horse and help Willow out with riding?" My dad asked him. He totally ignored I wasn't supposed to ride for a week.

"Sure thing!" He said. His georgian accent came out in his voice. He walked into the tack room and came back tacking up the mare. My dad left.

"I'm not supposed to ride for another week." I murmured.

"What?" Clay asked sort of strained because of trying to tighten the girth.

"I said, I'm not supposed to ride for another week." I said louder. He chuckled.

"Riding now will help you later." He said. His muscles looked nice. He was tan. He was a nice looking guy. I just nodded. "Okay. Let's get her to the arena and have to riding." He said. I followed him to the arena.

A/N

Hey!!! I know my chapters were short and I'm just now writing again! The chapters will get longer and my writing style is getting better! Please excuse any mistakes!