Prologue: The meeting

Turquoise's pov

I sat on the island with my hatchling who was playing with my tail. I lifted my tail up and my hatchling leapt up happily, trying to grab my tail. I kept swishing my tail when I saw lightning flash above me.

I turned around and saw a Skrill, landing on the island. I stood up, preparing to protect my hatchling which hid in a bush in fear. I leapt forward, biting the wing of the Skrill.

The Skrill knocked me off and went towards the bush with my hatchling in it. I leapt in front of the bush and growled, waiting for the Skrill to make a move. I sent a blast at me as I shot back at it, the two blasts countering. I flew up, distracting the Skrill to keep it away from my hatchling.

I flew across the waters, away from the island, diving under water every so often with the Skrill on my tail. I eventually saw a boat with humans on it but I ignored it, hoping it was some humans that went after the fish. I shot another blast at the Skrill which shot a blast at me at the same time before I dived into the water with the Skrill.

I came back up and attacked, digging my teeth into the wing of the Skrill. I bit down hard, making sure that I didn't fall when I felt something hit my tail. The Skrill flew off as I crashed onto the nearby beach. I looked at my tail and one fin had been torn off, the side that had been torn bleeding.

I saw the humans heading to the island and ran into the trees. I eventually arrived at a clearing and tried to fly, not wanting to leave my hatchling alone for too long. I heard footsteps and turned, noticing a small human female walking towards me. She held rope in one hand and her other hand was outstretched.

I bared my teeth in a warning. She froze for a second but kept walking forward. "Stay away" I snarled, backing up against a tree. I went for a plasma blast but realised that I had used all of them up when I was fighting the Skrill. "Its alright. I'm just going to take you to my dad" she told me.

The female had one missing leg which was replaced with some metal. I wasn't sure if I should attack her when I had rope thrown at me. I quickly dodged and looked at the female. I spread my wings and hit her back with my tail before trying to fly again but falling back on the ground.

Standing up, I turned to the girl. She had already gotten up and threw another rope at me, clasping my mouth shut. I struggled to get it off before something hit my neck. I felt drowsy and fell onto the ground, my vision blurry before it finally went black.

***

I woke up to the feeling of something holding me down. I had something on my muzzle which stopped me from using my plasma blast. I called out to try and see if I could get a respond from my hatchling or any other dragon tat could help me but there was no response.

I kept calling until the cave roof that was above me moved and the girl that had helped catch me jumped in through the slight gap. I growled, unable to move my muzzle to much. She looked at my tail and raised her hand to her mouth.

I did my best to see my tail and saw that the other fin had been ripped off while I had been out. I kept calling out with no luck before the girl told me to wait as I twitched my ear fins. How was I going to go anywhere. I cant move that much right now.

I was in the strange cave for a very long time until the girl returned. She had some weird thing in her hand. I didn't know what she was doing as she walked forward and let me out of the stuff that was holding me down. She held up the contraption and opened and closed what looked like two tail fins that were red as if showing me what it does.

She walked forward and extended her hand. At first I was cautious before placing my muzzle into her hand. She looked at me in shock as I opened my eyes. She smiled as I copied her and she laughed.

She picked up the contraption. "I'm going to put this on you and your going to take me to the island with your baby. When we get there, I'll fix it so that you can fly on your own and I'll stay on the island. Its better than staying here with my dad, her hunts dragons and is known as Drago Bloodfist" she told me. "By the way. My name is Hunya" she added, strapping the odd leather thing onto my back.

She attached all sorts of things onto me until she backed away. I turned to look at it before knocking her onto my back. "Wait. What are you doing" Hunya asked as I raised my wings. I shot a plasma blast at the roof and flew out. "Hunya" Another human yelled, "Erit" she yelled back but I flew straight up into the open sky before heading towards the island that my hatchling was on.

At one point I went under water. I landed down on the ground as Hunya leapt off my back. "Did you really have to go underwater" She asked, wringing out her hair. I started sniffing and followed the scent along the ground until I found the tail of my hatchling.

I went over and nudged its tail but with no response. I nudged it again with no response again so I gently pulled it out by the tail. Blood stained the scales and it lay still. I nudged it but it was motionless as I realized that it had been killed.

Suddenly the Skrill I had fought landed in front of me with some blood on its claws and muzzle. I snarled, bending down. Hunya was about to attack but I knocked her to the side with my tail. I Attacked the Skrill, biting the side of its neck.

It kept swiping at me until it collapsed onto the ground. I looked down to see something poking out of its neck. "Poison dart. It will be dead. Its only to be used on dragons that are extremely dangerous" Hunya told me.

"I guess I should let you go" she sighed. I ran over and nudged her. She looked down. "Don't leave me" I asked, swishing my tail. "What is it. Do you want me to stay with you" she asked, knowing that humans didn't understand us dragons I nodded.

"Do you mind if I give you a name" she asked, I shock my head. "How about Turquoise. You know. Because of your turquoise markings" she explained and I nodded happily. "Well. I'm sure we can be good friends" she smiled and I copied, causing a laugh in Hunya.

I led her to the cave and settled down on a high up rock. Using a plasma blast to heat up the ledge that I slept on. Hunya lay down against me as I placed my tail next to he and my wing over her as I fell asleep.